Under general supervision, but following existing policies and procedures as well as all applicable banking laws and regulations, including BSA and AML, is responsible for conducting independent audits of bank records and reviewing bank operations for deficiencies in controls or noncompliance with established policies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Responsible for preparing audits of internal bank operations by examining journals, records, files, procedures, performances, and controls for fraud, errors, or deficiencies (35% - E).
2. Responsible for preparing audit reports, outlining the scope of the audit and making recommendations for corrective actions as necessary (20% - E).
3. Assists the Director of Internal Audit & Compliance with audits, special assignments, reports, etc (20% - E).
4. Assists the Internal Audit Manager with development of departmental policies and procedures. (10% - E)
5. All other special projects, reports and duties as assigned (15% - E).
Minimum Education & Other Requirements
Must possess the knowledge and analytical skills necessary to effectively administer and oversee the daily activities associated with this position. Excellent math and spreadsheet skills, 10-Key ability, oral and written communication skills required. A college degree in Accounting or Finance is required. Experience should include either a minimum of one year experience in the Great Southern Internal Audit Department or three years experience with another financial institution(s). A valid motor vehicle license and/or the ability to visit all branch locations on a regular basis is required.
Great Southern Bank - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
In 1923, Great Southern Bank was started with a $5,000 investment and has since grown to the company it is today. Our footprint spans six...