The Senior Developer is a key participant in the design, development and delivery of mission-critical web sites and applications. The Senior Developer will help drive innovation and collaboration in the department. He or she will work with top-notch external and internal designers and developers and help guide the internal team responsible for creating, modifying and maintaining a combination of open source and custom applications and WAMU 88.5 web sites. Responsibilities include the daily operations and maintenance of all of WAMU’s web systems and applications and leading the design and implementation of applications that address current and future requirements of WAMU 88.5. We expect to produce some great work in the upcoming months and are looking for someone as excited as we are about making that happen.
A Bachelor's degree in computer science or its equivalent is required.
- The Senior Developer will be fluent in software development processes and methodologies as well as internet-based development tools and conversant in modern software engineering concepts.
- 3+ years demonstrable experience with PHP
- 4+ years demonstrable experience developing web applications
- Advanced, hands-on knowledge of Drupal
- Excellent programming, code development, code debugging and testing skills, troubleshooting skills
- Experience with version control, particularly SVN
- Advanced, hands-onknowledge of XML, XSL and other data syndication technologies
- Strong grasp of client/server networking applications involving web servers and databases
- Strong grasp of computer operating systems including different flavors of Linux, Apple, and Windows
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated and consistent ability to work well with others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of multi-media formats, including MP3, ACC, and video formats
- Familiar with mobile development concepts (experience a plus)
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute on multiple deliverables against deadlines a must
American University - 15 months ago