Job Title: Senior Analyst, Margin Risk Control
Job ID: 100582
Location: Illinois, Chicago;Texas, Fort Worth
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Manager level: Senior Level Professional
A leader in brokerage and investment services for over 35 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and bolstering our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions and a national branch system. Combined with some of the industry's brightest minds, there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, TD Ameritrade is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology to our resolve to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
The Margins Risk Control department is responsible for all activities related to the tactical risk management of margin lending in both Regulation T and Portfolio Margin accounts. This includes the market surveillance, client account monitoring, and volatile security management necessary to manage the Credit Risk in the Firm’s Margin enabled accounts. This group sets the minimum equity margin requirements for all marginable securities and margin enabled accounts. The team performs daily market surveillance and account analysis on TD Ameritrade’s client portfolios as it relates the identification and mitigation of credit risk. The team works daily with our internal business partners to propose, implement and track risk control actions designed to minimize financial loss for the Firm. Additionally, the team is responsible for developing processes and reports to monitor unsecured exposure and execution of risk management strategies as well as executing on firm policy relating to microcap security deposit risks by analyzing security and portfolio metrics and understanding current market regulations.
This Senior Analyst, Margin Risk Control position requires highly skilled financial analysts with extensive risk management and portfolio management experience as well as complex trading strategy experience and a thorough knowledge of investment products. The Sr. Risk Analyst position will assist in reviewing the departments risk mitigation functions and serve as an escalation point in the day to day analysts work. This role is will serves as a project lead on risk strategy projects including the documentation of tasks, deliverables and delegation of data extraction tasks to analysts. They will collaborate with internal business units as it relates to the unsecured risk exposure of the firm’s margin lending activities. In addition, the Sr. Risk Analyst will assist the Team Manager in the development, organization and maintenance of the department’s processes and analysis to align the team’s performance with the firm’s risk appetite and margin lending policies.
- Credit Risk Exposure Monitoring and Mitigation
- Market Volatility Risk Surveillance
- Administer and set minimum equity margin requirements - Security & Account Specific – Regulation T & Portfolio Margin Accounts
- Project and Product Management & Process Improvement
- Daily Task Supervision and Administrative Functions
- 3+ years of Practical Financial Risk Management and Margin Lending Experience.
- 3+ Years of experience with data extraction / translation using one or more of the following tools: SAS, SPSS, WinSQL.
- 1 year of leadership, coaching, and mentoring experience
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills to analyze, evaluate, and develop solutions to complex problems.
- Strong communication skills: ability to speak and write effectively and communication well with the department’s analysts and business partners.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of a broker dealer’s operations, financial markets and instruments, and industry regulations.
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency in data mining and analysis tools, such as SQL, Excel, SAS and MS Office.
- Strong understanding of Risk Management, Quantitative Finance and Financial Risk Modeling concepts and theory.
- Series 7, 63, 24, 4, 3, 53 (not required, preferred)
- CFA (not required, preferred)
- APRM/PRM (not required, preferred)
- FRM (not required, preferred)
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program for those states requiring E-Verify. For additional information on this program please click here .
TD Ameritrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and offer a quality workplace.
TD Ameritrade, Inc. member FINRA/SIPC/NFA is a subsidiary of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: AMTD). TD Ameritrade is a trademark jointly owned by TD Ameritrade IP Company and the Toronto-Dominion Bank.
© 2012 TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
If your stock makes a big move while you're stuck in traffic, don't worry -- TD Ameritrade lets you buy and sell even when...