Oracle Database Administrator
Schneider Electric Infrastructure -- Transportation, N.A. –Tolling Division has an immediate opening for an Oracle Database Administrator to help with our efforts in automation across various platforms.
As part of the database / back-office team, you will work on Oracle 11g Database solutions which store and process toll system transactions and operations data. The systems are highly available and responsible for millions of micro-transactions per day, and represent the most accurate tolling system in the world.
You will be responsible for both maintaining existing Oracle installations as well as managing the entire SDLC from requirements interpretation, design, documentation, coding, review, testing, release, and maintenance for new installations. The system is built on top of a set of generic cores that are customized for each client. The position allows for both maintenance of existing system as well as development of new systems, and allows for challenging growth in extending the architecture of our data model for future client needs (roughly 50% Administration, 50% PL/SQL work including architecture and design). You will provide technical leadership for our data model and implementation; share support for mission-critical database instances; and provide PL/SQL and data expertise to the development team.
Required skills & experience:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related field
- 4+ years’ enterprise Oracle experience in an Enterprise environment, preferably in a 24x7x365 environment
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL including tuning, triggers, and stored procedures
- Install, maintain and upgrade multiple databases with minimal downtime
- 1+ years’ experience with Linux including shell scripting.
- Experience with Oracle recoveries, data Import/Export, and SQL*Loader
- Ability to manage and aggressively push project deadlines
- “Big picture” thinking with regard to design and solution architecting
- 1 years’ experience with any scripting language
- Superior English writing and communication skills
- Desire to learn new skills and improve existing ones
Additional beneficial skills & experience:
- Experience with MySQL
- Knowledge of (micro) transactional or tolling systems
- Experience with highly-reliable systems
- Python experience
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric - 30+ days ago
If you're hungry for power, this company can help. Schneider Electric is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for electrical...