Superstars are easy to spot. They're bright, dynamic, and passionate. They don't settle for good enough, they demand excellence both of themselves and others. And at Hayneedle, superstars are the norm, not the exception.
Hayneedle owns and operates nearly 300 online specialty stores. At Hayneedle, customers find what they love and love what they find - for their home, their life, their style. We combine the best selection with innovative online shopping tools and top-notch customer service, culminating in a revolutionary, easy shopping experience.
We've built Hayneedle on hard work, passion, and incredible energy. That's why we've been named one of Omaha's Best Places to Work more than once. If you value a workplace environment that values you, consider applying at Hayneedle. Our expectations are high, but the job satisfaction is higher. And we owe it to our employees to make sure we hire only the best and the brightest.
What does a Senior Web Developer at Hayneedle do?
The Senior Web Developer will be responsible for architectural design and technical specifications for new and existing applications to create high availability web applications for Hayneedle’s nearly 300 websites.
What basic qualifications does our Senior Web Developer need to have?
- Development and release of web application/content to support Hayneedle’s nearly 300 websites.
- Participate in full cycle software development, including: requirements gathering, design, implementation, debugging, testing, and supporting deployment.
- Architectural design and technical requirements specification for new and existing applications to create high availability web applications.
- Resolve business critical bugs.
- Create technical design documents.
- Consults with various departments to confirm agreement on principles of new applications or changes to existing applications.
- Build functional and technical requirements.
- Provide application support during user testing sessions.
- Incorporate technology standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Provide off-hour support of key applications on a rotating basis.
How to apply:
- BA/BS in computer science or related technical field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience developing object-oriented ColdFusion web-based applications using CFC’s required.
- 2+ years of experience with AJAX required.
- 5+ years of experience with ColdFusion developing robust, large-scale, high availability applications applicable to the web required.
- 5+ years of experience with MySQL (Oracle or SQL Server considered) with proven proficiency in SQL and strong knowledge of database designs required.
- Must understand multi-tier systems architecture and object-oriented design.
- Proficient with all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including: requirements gathering, design, implementation, debugging, and testing.
- Proficient in web application design patterns.
- Proven record of developing mission-critical, high quality web applications.
- History of researching and resolving complex bugs.
- Must have strong analytical skills, be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and deadline driven.
- Possess exceptional problem solving skills.
- A team player who is energetic with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively across all departments.
If you think you're the needle in the haystack we're seeking, convince us. Explain in your cover letter why you think you'll be a good fit at Hayneedle. If the idea of a fast-paced, challenging, and fun environment appeals to you, apply. If you can bring fresh ideas, a great attitude, and commitment to your work, apply. If you're a superstar, you're already composing your opening sentence. Read on for details.
Check us out on the web – www.hayneedle.com
Write us an original and sincere letter telling us about yourself, how you can contribute to our winning team, and what you desire regarding your career.
Fill out our online application – either through Careerlink or at www.hayneedleinc.com/careers.html
Follow us on Twitter at:
Become a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hayneedle
Apply now. Your life is waiting...
Ready to experience real job satisfaction, intellectual growth, a good dose of fun and positive work relationships? Then welcome to...