Who we are
At the Roche Group, about 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 30 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. The headquarters for Roche pharmaceutical operations in the United States, Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech, where we believe that our employees are our most important asset and are dedicated to remaining a great place to work. The Position
The Sr. Human Resources Manager (SHRM) reports to the SSF Production Associate Director of HR and works with the SSF Quality and Biologics Product Quality business leaders in creating an effective and integrated HR strategy for advancing the business. Through deep knowledge of the client's business, people and organizational needs, the SHRM effectively diagnoses issues, recommends solutions and engages and brokers the appropriate resources to provide strategic HR services that support successful achievement of business objectives and goals with assigned groups and the broader business unit.
The SHRM partners primarily with SSF Production Associate Director and assigned business leaders, generally at the Sr Director and Director job families and may occasionally include support of cross-business unit management levels. The SHRM diagnoses and recommends solutions to complex business, people and organizational issues which extend across client Group(s) within or across multiple leaders organizations, consistent with the organization business needs and cross-functional business initiatives. The SHRM's actions, decisions and ability to deliver results affect credibility of the HR function and should have a positive impact on the success of the assigned groups and across the business unit.
Strategic Business Partner to Client and Client Organization
Strategic work requires an understanding of the business of your client, is macro in focus, long-term in scope, directly linked to one or more business goals, and requires multiple solutions or tactics when implementing strategic initiatives.
The SHRM will be responsible for partnering with business leaders in support of their client group(s) by developing solutions to a variety of complex problems and initiatives exercising judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, and working on complex issues where analysis of situations or data require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors, including inter-organizational impact that support Genentech's business objectives. The SHRM is the initial point of contact for the majority of strategic HR support requests from their client group.
The SHRM has responsibility for evaluating and ensuring effective risk management relative to the Group(s) and Officer organization's human resource practices.
The SHRM will apply their technical expertise (such as Organization Design, Workforce Planning, Diagnostics, Change Management), knowledge of the business and environment, and situation specific analysis, developing new concepts, techniques, and standards in implementing strategy and solutions for organizational and people-related challenges within their client Group(s), consistent with Organization and cross-organization business needs and initiatives.
Strategy Development & Execution Methods
The SHRM will develop and drive business strategy by applying broad functional knowledge (knowledge of products, tools and services of Compensation, Benefits, HR Services, Staffing, Learning & Organization Development, Diversity and Employee Relations), skills and judgment, exerting influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization with deep and recognized proficiency and experience expected in at least two of the 4 areas identified below:
Organization Design and Development
The SHRM will assist in the design of reporting relationships, organizational structure, and HR technology that best support the business goals and are consistent with Company values.
Assessment and Diagnosis
- Influence change and innovation that advance the business
- Initiate or implement programs intended to develop individuals, teams and organizations which improve business performance to meet current and future demands of the business
- Ensure HR and people programs and initiatives are efficiently and effectively implemented in client organizations
- Ensure communications between HR and client groups are timely and comprehensive
- Influence the development and implementation of strategies and programs to attract diverse talent, reduce hiring cycle time, develop new hires to become productive employees, and reward and retain exceptional people
The SHRM will understand how various organizational dynamics may affect the overall performance of the business:
Coaching and Consultation
- Determine desired outcomes to move the business forward
- Assess gaps between the desired state and current state of the business
- Diagnose client opportunities through understanding of organizational dynamics
- Develop alternative options, but be able to clearly articulate a recommended approach
- Gain alignment with client on solutions implementation
- Leverage HR tools, metrics and data to influence organization behavior and change
The SHRM will provide consultation to the organization on strategic projects and goals as they relate to the effectiveness of the client group:
Program and Project Management
- Ask the right questions, engage in crucial conversations, and push back to make the best recommendations for the business
- Provide coaching to leaders in order to improve their leadership skills and effectiveness to advance the business
- Coach leaders on enterprise wide opportunities and initiatives
- Facilitate discussion of Group and cross-organization business issues at senior staff level meetings
- Serve as a resource to management teams on HR and people-related issues
- Provide proactive employee relations and general communications coaching to senior leaders, challenging leaders to have timely critical conversations and to appropriately handle conflict. Along with HR partners, identify appropriate intervention techniques relative to ER themes/trends.
- Coach leaders to be effective people managers.
The SHRM will successfully plan, prioritize, and lead complex work assignments.
Client Relationship Team Member (HRM and assigned COE Partners)
- Maintain communication with appropriate stakeholders regarding the project status, progress, changes, delays, and contingencies
- Proactively analyze issues and construct plans to address them
- Effectively facilitate interdependencies inside and outside of HR
- Provide leadership on projects to ensure that team members meet or exceed project objectives, achieve development goals, and receive appropriate recognition
The SHRM will be accountable for coordinating the HR services for client Group(s) to support client and Organization needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Act as initial point of contact to clients
- Partner/Collaborate with Centers of Expertise (COE: CBS, Staffing, L&OD, ER, Legal) to ensure development of client-based products, tools and solutions
- Proactively disseminate business information to their CRT
- Recommend solutions within their Client Relationship Team (CRT) to advance the business
- Identify client business needs and work with the Client Relationship Team to broker services
- Develop annual integrated goals and plans to support client needs; drawing upon the expertise of their CRT
- As a key member of the CRT, provide meaningful and timely feedback to COE partners
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability of decisions/recommendations made by CRT and/or COE when working with clients
- Understand responsibility is to to the larger organization in "Genentech's Best Interest" vs. acting as management/employee advocate
- Report on progress of HR deliverables to CRT Who you are
- 10+ years of progressively responsible HR and/or business experience with a minimum of 7 years of HR or related experience and exposure to and competence in HR functional areas
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding quantitative goals
- Bio-tech or pharmaceutical experience a plus
- Broad HR background is helpful, but not required if other capabilities are present
Broad HR Functional/Technical Knowledge and Expertise
High Level Project Management Skills
Excellent Consultation and Influencing Skills
Demonstrated Leadership and Execution Skills
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Roche-GB - 21 months ago
Roche is on a medicinal roll. The company operates two segments, pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, and sells its products in some 180 countri...