At Teleflora, we're proud to have been connecting
customers with the nation's best florists for more than
70 years. All of our floral arrangements are
professionally arranged by a local florist using only
the freshest flowers available, and each gift is
personally delivered in a vase - in most cases, the same
day you place your order - to ensure that it arrives in
premium condition, ready to be enjoyed immediately.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Teleflora has
over 23,000 member florists throughout the U.S. and
Canada, with an additional 20,000 affiliated florists
outside North America. This extensive network, coupled
with our commitment to exceptional customer service,
means that when you send flowers from Teleflora, you can
be confident that you’re sending the best.
Teleflora is part of Roll Global a several billion
dollar private holding company with diverse interests
including FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, Teleflora,
Paramount Farms, Paramount Citrus and Suterra.
Teleflora is currently seeking a Senior RedHat Engineer.
This role will be engaged in designing and supporting a
24/7 RedHat server infrastructure and will have
responsibility for engineering, operating, maintaining,
and supporting the overall RedHat server architecture
supporting Oracle ATG Web Commerce applications in a
fast paced E-commerce production environment.
Additionally, the individual will provide support for
implementation, troubleshooting and updates of
applications on these servers. They will also have
additional responsibilities to include: managing system
infrastructure and related processes, including the
virtualization environment on VMware platform, as well
as account management, software/OS updates and patching,
OS installations and configuration on new servers,
server decommissioning activities, responding to Service
Desk incidents regarding end user problems associated
with the systems, assisting developers with isolation
and resolution of application issues which are service,
operating system or hardware based.
Provide migration support in regards to RedHat as we
build out and transition legacy applications to new
Oracle Web Commerce based applications on RedHat
platforms. This position will involve interaction with
other Teleflora infrastructure and development staff,
management, Teleflora Quality Assurance personnel, as
well as working with technical support for external
designing and supporting high availability RedHat
- Provide management with proposals related to
designing RedHat disaster recovery
- Provide management with proposals related to
apply solutions and recommendations to production
- Perform detailed analysis of reported problems.
- Develop knowledge of the system processing order to
Infrastructure Analysts and IT project teams to
- Interacts with Database Administrators,
define system requirements and resolve issues.
- Trouble-shoot systems and infrastructure related
applications as need to maximize efficiency and
- Writes scripts, templates, interfaces, and utility
target continuous improvement.
or enhance existing systems.
- Implements, tests, debug, and documents new systems
alerting requirements to ensure the highest level of
- Identifies, develops, and implements monitoring and
production availability, stability, and performance.
systems problems and is considered proficient in the
- Takes a proactive role in isolating potential
use of monitoring tools and software.
and procedures, audit requirements, reliability,
- Provide activities in compliance with IT standards
quality and security.
pertaining Red Hat Linux technology and distributed
- Advanced understanding, knowledge and best practices
systems in enterprise class environments
tracing), including command-line options.
- Solid knowledge of truss/trace/dtrace (process
understand a machine's behavior: iostat, vmstat,
- Significant experience with tools geared to
netstat, sar, lsof, top or other Linux utilities
that can give similar results
languages such as bash, Perl, Python, Ruby.
- Good knowledge of LDAP, NFS, DNS, NTP, and SMTP
- Demonstrated ability with (Shell) programming
- Acquaintance with the following technology is a
operating system preferred
- Oracle ATG applications and databases on RedHat
infrastructure solutions, document the solutions and
- EMC product line and Fiber Channel technology
- F5 or other Global and Local load balancers
- VMWare or another Virtualization technology
- 8 years of engineering and administration of RedHat.
- RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE) highly preferred
- Ability to design complex RedHat based
test and deploy accepted solutions.
Req. Code : 4396
Division/Department : Teleflora
Teleflora - 21 months ago
Teleflora is the world's leading floral service offering the best choice in floral arrangements and convenient local delivery. Headquartered...