Overview: Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for nearly half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. We are currently seeking an experienced Linux/Unix Administrator to be the primary support person for MSA’s external customer base. The candidate must have knowledge and experience with a variety of Linux/Unix platforms and would be primary support for various versions of Red Hat Linux and HP-UX, experience with other Unix versions such as AIX and Solaris would be an added benefit. The position would require good interpersonal skills, the ability work in diverse environments and would require minimal local travel to sites in the Pittsburgh area.
- Unix/Linux support for MSA external clients and internal business units
- Administer servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux and various flavors of UNIX in a production environment, experience with AIX, HPUX or Solaris would be a plus.
- Perform OS installs, setup, configuration, security lockdowns and ongoing maintenance of existing infrastructure as well as new machines
- Experience with SAN devices, configuration of disks, file system configuration and boot from SAN.
- Propose/recommend new technologies and implement into the existing environment
- Perform daily duties related to system health monitoring and system integrity assurance
- Maintain configuration compliance to avoid risks of system outages or compromised data
- Familiarity with VMware, Apache and GNU products
- Administer servers running database servers Oracle, MySql, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Cisco UCS blade servers
- Experience with Oracle RAC clusters
Must be experianced in multiple Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Completion of a four-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years experience administering Unix/Linux in a production environment
- Perform backup and restore operations to preserve and recover data as required
- Provide tier two technical support in coordination with help-desk to resolve customer issues
- Perform operating system upgrades, capacity planning, and performance analysis as it relates to day-to-day operations
- Perform problem determination and resolution
- Document, develop, and implement test plans to verify installation, upgrades, or repairs, including back-out plans
- Must be a team player with good written and oral communication skills