We are looking for an experienced individual to be responsible for the business management of hibu’s Digital Business Unit. Reporting to the Head of Business Management, the Business Manager drives impact in developing and executing organizational and business processes, assisting with strategy planning, operational execution, business operations cadence, driving cross-group initiatives, and becoming a trusted advisor to the Head of Business Management and senior leaders within the business unit.
Duties include managing the team’s rhythm of business and helping define and implement the key processes and principles by which the group will operate. In addition, this role will design, implement and manage a business operating model to ensure fiduciary responsibility and organizational agility across the business unit. This role calls for a balance of competency in leadership, influence and operational excellence working across the management team within the DBU and beyond.
• Supporting the leadership team in executing against the vision and roadmap for the organization, and supporting the team’s strategy and plans across the organization through business process efficiencies and management.
• Partnering with the leadership team for improved productivity by driving/managing a rhythm of the business (ROB) through the development of an monthly/annual cadence, including staff meetings, business and product reviews, FY planning, and other strategic meetings and workstreams.
• Developing communications, memos and presentations, for meetings and other internal communications (i.e. All-Hands meetings, organizational updates, cross-BU interlocks).
• Planning and managing team meetings such All Hands, LT meetings and manager meetings.
• Partnering with Finance to ensure effective fiscal planning, forecasting, and management.
• Partnering with HR & Recruiting to ensure people management agenda is achieved and key people milestones are properly scheduled and met by the organization.
• Providing LT with monthly ROB report used to manage the organization.
• Driving cross-team special projects as needed.
• Top-notch organizational skills
• Exceptional communication skills
• Executive-level engagement
• Business process expertise and management
• Influencing Skills
• Business Operations specific competencies
• Analytical Problem Solving
• Project/Program Management
• Strategic Prioritization
• Global perspective
• Bachelor’s/master’s degree in business management or equivalent experience, finance or marketing (8+ years of experience in areas directly relevant to responsibilities described above)
• Must have excellent communication (verbal and written); proven ability to work effectively with executives, proven ability to collaborate well with cross functional groups and to build virtual teams.
• Self-motivated and directed, requiring minimal supervision; bearing strong project and process management skills and a keen attention to detail and quality
• Must be effective at influencing without authority, driving work through other, and dealing with ambiguity
• Must be resourceful and able to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to engage regularly with all levels of employees and to tailor communication to different audiences required.
• Must have a high level of integrity; desire to take on challenges and the ability to see the big picture as well as the details
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, within short time constraints across a wide variety of projects required.
hibu - 12 months ago