Working in a dynamic team within IT department to provide end-user and data center support
- Office support including printers, mobile devices, desktop, laptop and basic networking
- Windows and Linux OS support including anti-virus and patching to the desktops
- OS deployment with imaging and provisioning technology
- Liaison with vendors for RMA and repairs
- Provisioning and management of the VMware virtual desktop environment
- Monitoring and management of multi-functional printer operations
- Involvement in process improvement for daily operations
- Data center support which includes hardware replacement, OS provisioning and backup operation.
- Trouble-shooting with user computing environment and remote access
- Implementation of new technology to enhance the end user experience and productivity
-Excellent customer service skills
- College Diploma or BSc University degree on Computer Science
- At least 1 year experience related to desktop support Windows OS (Linux support also a plus)
- In-depth experience on trouble-shooting laptop/desktop hardware and software issues
- Self motivated individual
- Eager to learn and have interest in technology
- Ability to lift and move variety of equipment (i.e. Network switches, monitors, PC’s, servers, etc) as the job requires.
- Basic networking skills
Desirable background and skills:
- previous experience in customer support, computer operations, systems administration, or related area
- Administrative experience in configuring services in Red Hat, Ubuntu or Fedora Linux OS
- Good understanding on NIS; Linux security using NIS maps and group membership.
- Technical knowledge on basic networking with routers, switches, firewalls and VPN.
- Hands on experience on organizing and maintaining Active Directory objects
- knowledge in trouble-shooting Mac OS, IOS, Blackberry, mobile device using ActiveSync will be an asset
- PBX/phone system support
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is a global semiconductor company with facilities around the world. The Company offer x86 microprocessors, for...