This position is within the centralized Human Resources Shared Services (HRSS) operation at Comcast in Philadelphia. The HRSS supports the intake of employee's questions, transactional updates to employee's records and facilitates the return to work of employees on certain types of leaves.
The LOA Consultants III manage leaves that involve return to work with medical restrictions and work place accommodations for the actively at work. This role will manage and partner with the employee, management, local human resources, CoE of Benefits, medical vendor and compliance on a daily basis. This position will require being able to articulate sensitive leave information over the phone and through written communication using approved template letters.
The LOA Case Consultant is the leave subject matter expert and provides direction to local human resource as to the disposition of the employee's leave of absence with the objective to facilitate the employees return into the work place.
- Knowledge and expertise to ensure leave and disability such as Family Medical leave and Short and Long term disability programs at Comcast.
- Manages requests for return to work with medical restrictions and accommodations requests for actively at work.
- Partners with local human resources, compliance/legal, business, and medical vendors to ensure absence programs are being adhered to.
- Able to manage a case load of leaves and work place accommodation requests. This requires processes volume of work; follow up skills, able to prioritize work.
- Receives work through case management system and from carrier for denial, exhausted, close leaves and disability cases.
- Responsible to follow all processes for the department due to sensitivity of cases e.g. some leave of absences can lead to termination from the company.
- Works with various systems such case management system, carrier systems, internal system of record. Responsible to ensure all systems area accessed for information, data is entered, and information is sent to Kofax to be digitized to the employee's permanent file.
- Responsible to raise all cases of concern to management and compliance.
guidelines, and advanced tax and payroll issues.
- Handles escalated ESS/MSS inquiries. Interprets policies and
- Handles escalated employee relations questions.
- Communicates and resolves escalated employee inquires delegated by HR
- Executes and enhances process work supported by the HR Shared Services
with HR services and HR Leaders to support new services.
- Partners with other HR departments to promote team alignment. Works
- Audits the database and provide recommendations and solutions for
scope of basic training and resolves those directly with employees and
- Investigates unique/complex HR-related issues that are outside the
managers in accordance with SLAs.
- Leads team ""support of new services"" projects into transition with
take ownership of a higher percentage of inbound inquiries.
- Updates and improves the department database to enable team members to
existing work processes and prospective processes work to ensure the
- Actively identifies opportunities for educating team.
- Supports and processes work, as assigned. Continually evaluates
most effective use of resources.
appropriate parties to test and implement improvements.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements and partners with the
transfer between the service center and HR departments.
- Partners with other HR services and HR Leaders to facilitate knowledge
- Provides support to lower-level representatives and new staff as
variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Supports service center staff relative to phone traffic as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
- Bachelor's degree in related human resources discipline or equivalent education, HR certifications and work experience.
- Employee benefits background, specialist in administering leave of absences, experience working for Third Party Administrator (TPA) on leave administration.
- Ability to work independently and make sound judgments and decisions with minimal guidance
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Effective consultative skills
- Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented, possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment and leave laws
- Knowledge and proficiency of PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and SAP
Comcast - 14 months ago
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online...