The Data Architect will be responsible for defining the system architecture for new complex systems; determine the specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for software compatibility. The candidate will develop databases, data warehouses, and relational databases. The candidate will work with the software engineers, system administrators and database administrators to ensure requirements are properly broken down and allocated, as well as work products being delivered on time. An applicant should have the capacity to embrace diverse technical disciplines. This job requires the ability to adapt to quickly changing tasks and requirements and the ability to learn new skills quickly while on the job.
1. The Data Architect will become an expert in Liberty University's current data architecture, and evangelize platforms, entities, principles, practices, policies, and standards throughout the enterprise.
2. The Data Architect will be the lead architect on certain initiatives, which will require coordination of all high-level design decisions with the context of that initiative.
3. The Data Architect will maintain a list of enterprise information building blocks/entities including logical scope, knowledge area/domain/process area, risk profile/class, relationships, and physical implementations.
4. The Data Architect will consult on data warehouse and business intelligence projects to establish a relationship to architecture.
5. The Data Architect will consult on high risk or large software projects where reuse and consistency is important.
- Oracle SQL Expert Certification
- Experience with Banner and MS Dynamics CRM
- Experience with Java, Spring and Microsoft .NET programing languages in both Unix and Windows environments
- Project management experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Liberty University - 13 months ago