Kennebunk Center for Health & Rehabilitation |
has a new name and new things are happening. Having now earned a 4 Star quality rating, this community based 75 bed center offers programs to the residents such as Tracheotomy Care and coming soon Pulmonary and Cardiac Programs. What this means to our staff is the opportunity to learn and/or practice a higher level of acuity care. Our sub-acute unit is a fast paced, high energy environment that requires focus and good team work. To continue in our quest for the highest quality of care for our residents, we must high only the best.
Our management team is well balanced and cohesive, this is a family environment; we support, teach and learn from each other.
To be successful as a CNA at Kennebunk Center you will need to be experienced in rehabilitation and LTC care. Have a compassionate heart and provide excellent customer service. Your responsibility to the team is to be consistent and dependably.
We offer flexible shifts, Full time 3-11, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 7-3 and 3-11 and Saturday and Sunday 7-3. Other options may be available as well as per diem,
To be considered for this role you can apply on-line or go directly to the center and ask for Bethany Gage, ADNS
Kennebunk Center for Health & Rehabilitation
158 Ross Road
Kennebunk, ME 04043
MAJOR PURPOSE : Performs routine tasks as assigned by the Charge Nurse and provides assistance to professional nursing staff in order to meet the personal needs and comfort of the resident. Follows all health, sanitary and infection control policies and maintains established standards of practice set forth by the facility's administration and Nursing Policies and Procedures.
TITLE OF SUPERVISOR: Unit Manager/ RN/LPN
- Preferably a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to communicate in English and have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Interest in the nursing needs of the aged and the chronically ill with the ability to work with both.
- Ability to work with supervisors, co-workers and facility staff in the performance of duties.
- Ability to observe proper safety and sanitary techniques.
- Ability to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of the position/assignment.
- Certified Nursing Assistant consistent with the State Public Health Code. Registered in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Observes residents and reports to the charge nurse immediately if any unusual conditions/accidents/incidents occur.
- Assists with serving meal trays; feeds residents that need assistance' documents food consumed for each resident assigned.
- Passes out nourishments and water pitchers.
- Cares for clean/soiled linen.
- Maintains clean and orderly resident rooms daily and assures that the call light cord is within easy reach of the resident at all times.
- Makes rounds on assigned residents including physical head count of assigned resident at the beginning of each shift and every 2 hours thereafter.
- Listens to shift report on assigned unit prior to start of assignment for every shift worked.
- Understands responsibilities concerning infection control, safety, accident and fire prevention.
- Discusses any problems, needs or concerns which arise with supervisor.
- Attends in-service educational classes and on-the-job training programs as directed.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and a positive image throughout the facility.
- Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values and mission statement; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Understands and upholds the Residents' Bill of Rights and holds all resident information confidential.
- Maintains a professional demeanor in appearance and mannerisms according to established facility standards.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day, proper body mechanics required -- bending, stooping, turning, stretching, and
- reaching above the shoulders are involved.
- Must be able to reposition, transfer, lift and support patients body weight.
- Must be able to cope with the mental, emotional and physical stress of the position.
- Must be able to observe, listen and communicate effectively.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
OTHER DUTIES :
- Performs duties as instructed by written assignment which will include resident care to be provided; activities of daily living, grooming and hygiene, transferring, ambulation, range of motion and proper body alignment, and transporting to activities and scheduled appointments.
- Assists nursing staff as needed in relation to resident care.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, support agencies, and outside agencies.
National Health Care Associates, Inc. - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard