Since becoming an independent organization in 2002, BBYO has built a powerful platform of professionals, volunteers and teens who are capable of delivering a wide menu of compelling experiences to the teen audience. Since that time, the number of teen participants has doubled to nearly 30,000, its North American staff has grown to over 100 professionals, and its budget is close to $20 million. During the next five years BBYO will fully leverage this platform by offering clearly defined learning objectives, more program experiences, more opportunities to connect and more substantive tools to measure impact, ultimately sending a more passionate generation of young Jews to campus and young adulthood.
The Mountain Region BBYO program has increased in size and scope each year. There are currently over 400 BBYO members spread throughout Phoenix, Las Vegas, Tucson, and Salt Lake City, with an additional 400 teens involved through middle school and other community-wide programming. Mountain Region has close partnerships with local agencies and camps, and has a successful alumni and parent network. There is a great deal of structure and tradition associated with the program, and we are seeking an energetic individual who will help continue to grow and strengthen Mountain Region BBYO.
The Program Associate will:
The ideal candidate will take an entrepreneurial approach to creating Jewish activities that resonate with teens today, encouraging them to experience Judaism on their terms, and providing them the tools, resources and guidance to program in a way that adds value, meaning and identity to their lives. Experience in working with youth is preferred.
- Develop innovative programs that engage teens socially, culturally, communally and intellectually and reflect the diversity of Jewish life, including: Israel, community service, education and Shabbat.
- Support and inspire teens by creating leadership development opportunities and serving as a Jewish role model/experiential educator.
- Facilitate the planning process with youth leadership and be responsible for the administration and supervision of all Las Vegas based programming as well as support regional programs and overnight conventions
- Build collaborative partnerships with Jewish and secular community organizations (e.g., secular high schools and local JCCs).
- Develop annual program calendar for Las Vegas BBYO chapters including budget and implementation plan/timeline.
- Attend and supervise local programming, as scheduled.
- Enhance BBYO’s community visibility and teen involvement through targeted marketing (including on-line) and stellar programming.
- Serve as leadership staff/facilitator at designated BBYO summer program(s), including CLTC/ILTC (skills development).
- Recruit, train, supervise and develop a core volunteer base as chapter advisors
This position is full time with a choice of excellent benefits packages including health, vision and dental plans, paid time off and up to 4% retirement fund match contribution. Additional time off is available from Jewish holidays, parental leave, and community service.