ExactTarget is seeking, hardworking, Linux System Administrator to join one of the fastest growing software companies in Indiana.
ExactTarget provides powerful and comprehensive email marketing software for enterprises of all sizes and levels of marketing and technology sophistication. The patent-pending solutions from ExactTarget allow the end user to easily create, deliver and track personalized email messages. As an industry expert in permission-based email marketing, ExactTarget employs a world-class team in building software solutions that apply to real business challenges.
Linux System Administrators are responsible for daily availability and performance of the Linux systems in the environment. Individual will provide technical support for all aspects of the systems availability, implementation and maintenance.
You will be responsible for administrating a complex VMware clustered infrastructure as well as standalone Linux servers. Managing system issues, updates and upgrades, as well as providing off hours support when required. This is a mid-level Linux system administrator position. Individual must be a self-starter and work well with minimal supervision. Must be able to seek out problems and quickly identify solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal
• Thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
• 8 to 10 years of Linux Systems Administration experience in the following environments:
• Multiple Linux distributions, including RedHat Enterprise,CentOS and Ubuntu
• Account management
• VMware Administration
• Administer Virtual Infrastructures (VMWare) including provisioning, reporting, monitoring and maintenance of virtual machines and ESX (3.5 and higher a plus) server management across a worldwide deployment.
• Performance tune Linux virtual machines on VMware ESXi, as well as on physical hardware.
• Manage VMWare connectivity with shared storage (SAN) solutions
• Hadoop Clusters, Redis, Flume and Zookeeper experience a plus.
• Knowledge of scripting languages, including Bash, Perl and Ruby are a plus.