Westinghouse, a group company of Toshiba Corporation, is the world's pioneering nuclear power company and is a leading supplier of nuclear plant products and technologies to utilities throughout the world. We help our customers produce reliable and environmentally-friendly electricity by enhancing nuclear plant availability and dependability, and by reducing operation and maintenance costs.
We are currently seeking an off shift Material Handler in our Nuclear Component Manufacturing group within our Nuclear Power Plants Business Unit. Based out of Newington, NH, the Nuclear Component Manufacturing plant manufactures specialty equipment for new nuclear power plants and major replacement projects.
In this position, a Material Handler can expect to perform the following duties:
- Material Handlers are responsible to rig, use overhead cranes to lift, transport and place large components on large machining centers and in production areas throughout the plant.
- Material Handlers are formally trained and company qualified to operate forklifts (electric, LP & diesel models) for the lifting, placement and transport of large castings, metal components and palletized raw materials.
- The rigging of castings and components requires Material Handlers to manually lift and place heavy chains, hooks. This rigging equipment can weigh up to eighty pounds and place workers in very awkward positions and or postures.
- Material handlers are trained to discuss complex lifts with each other before starting. This peer check makes things go smoother and safer.
- Material handlers perform initial inspections on forklift trucks, fixed lifts, overhead cranes and all required rigging gear that is routinely used in their daily tasks.
- Material Handlers transport palletized supplies to production workstations on an as needed basis.
- Using SAP determine the location of warehoused parts to pull inventory to satisfy pick lists for production requirements of the shop. Specific Desired Skills A successful candidate should possess the following:
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Experience with fork lift and crane operation required.
- Experience with rigging equipment required.
- Familiarity with product and components preferred.
- High school graduate or recognized equivalent.
- Attention to safety a must. Education Level High School Diploma/GED Years of Experience 0-2 yrs Job Category Manufacturing Benefits Westinghouse employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, STD & LTD, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, Pension Plan and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities. Notice Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
WestingHouse Corp. - 3 years ago