This position is with our Sourcing & Procurement team.
The primary responsibilities involve financial and operational analysis, such as:
o Financial modeling for bid analysis
- Develop and apply standardized and rigorous approach to quantitative analysis related to sourcing and procurement such as:
o Cost saving methodology
o Lease vs. buy model
o Total cost of ownership model development
o Spend analysis
- Provide analytical support for sourcing activities by performing:
o Feasibility analysis
o Cost/benefit analysis
o Process analysis
Responsibilities may also include:
- Evaluate total cost/supply analyses and attempt to identify opportunities to reduce Total Cost of Ownership
- Assist sourcing and operational negotiations as needed
- Develop, track, and report savings, spending compliance and variances, communicate findings with procurement heads, finance and business units
- Coordinate with other SS&P team members on process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Project Management - With the guidance of SS&P management, take responsibility for a high-value project, to be completed during the internship period. Contribute to identification of objectives, deliverables, plans, timelines, and needs. Drive project activity through the communication of expectations, enforcement of deadlines, and creation and evaluation of deliverables. Bring issues immediately to the attention of senior management, and consult with senior management and project management experts as needed. Prepare and deliver a final presentation near the end of the internship period to SS&P leaders.
- Market Research - Based on an understanding of stakeholder needs, identify potential sources of supply, determine capabilities of suppliers' product and service offerings, and relate offerings to stakeholder needs.
- Communication - Contribute to the creation of materials used to communicate project information to stakeholders within and outside of SS&P.
- Excellent analytical abilities, with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work with limited direct supervision
- Strong analytical skills; MS Excel proficient; financial modeling preferred; Ability to clearly communicate financial concepts to a broad spectrum of internal users
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills; MS PowerPoint, MS Word proficient
- Ability to work independently as well as participate in cross functional teams
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of employees
- Internal customer/client focus
- Ability and desire to work in diverse environment
- Intellectual curiosity and professional commitment to excellence
- Experience in an analytical role, preferably in corporate planning and/or finance
- Basic knowledge of SAP or other ERP
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management/Logistics/Strategic Sourcing processes
- Experience in a company similar to TWDC, preferably in a sourcing or contract management role
- Interest and/or experience with media industry, information technology ,and/or telecommunications
- Willingness to travel (position may require up to 15% travel)
Pursuing a degree in Business, Engineering or another quantitative discipline
Only students who are actively enrolled in a college or university and working towards an undergraduate degree will be considered for this opportunity.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services.
iCIMS Social Distribution
- 3 years ago - save job