As a global, $11+ billion healthcare products leader, we deliver outstanding results and innovative solutions for challenging problems. Through progressive thinking and cutting-edge technologies, Covidien is well positioned to lead the way in today’s rapidly changing healthcare industry. Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Covidien – both in the lives of others and your career.
At Covidien, we strive to fully understand our marketplace, customers, communities and employees, and we enter into relationships with a sense of honesty, fairness and trust.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
The Development Engineer is responsible for creation and innovation of new technology which leads to the development and introduction into production of new products/processes. TheDevelopment Engineer may be responsible for: a) product and/or technology development, and product introduction. b) participating as a high-level technical contributor. c) functioning as a member or as leader of cross functional teams; d) preparing time and cost estimates for projects. The Tissue Research Group works cross functionally supporting R&D projects as well as Regulatory, Quality and Marketing.
- Performs engineering tests, measurements and analysis.
- Provides written reports, protocols, and engineering documentation as necessary.
- Creates, contributes to, and executes engineering schedules and plans.
- Instructs engineers and technical support staff on engineering test requirements.
- Prepares cost and time estimates for engineering schedules.
- Develops alternatives and solutions for a broad range of problems, integrating multiple factors and often requiring collaboration, imagination, and thoroughness to ensure consistency with objectives.
- Presents technical and project information in a variety of formal and informal presentation settings.
- Is effective in setting priorities and goals while supporting multiple projects.
- Works with RAQA and Documentation departments to establish proper regulatory and quality documentation procedures.
- Works with engineering personnel on production problems and changes as necessary.
- Works with Marketing and cross-functional teams to define and introduce new products.
- Works as a team leader (and as a team member when required) in the development of engineering designs and tests.
EDUCATION : Required: Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. degree in related engineering or scientific discipline such as EE, ME, Biology, or Biomedical.
EXPERIENCE : Three+ years experience in engineering practice (including project development responsibility) with a Bachelor’s degree, or 2+ years experience with a Master’s degree.
- Knowledge of engineering tests, measurements and analysis
- Knowledge of statistical theory and application. Experience with tools such as Minitab, Mat Lab, Jump, Stat Exact
- Experience working in laboratory environments
- Experience working on cross functional collaborative teams
- Experience developing and presenting reports effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including writing reports, SOP, regulatory documentation
- Understanding of full cycle product development
- Product development experience in a medical device industry preferred
- Experience in tissue and energy interaction preferred
- Experience of working independently on tasks as well as ability to collaborate in a large team environment.
Covidien - 19 months ago
Covidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes and delivers...