GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures independently and at a professional level. Operates diagnostic equipment, PACS, and prepares the room with the necessary equipment and supplies for the procedures. Secondary duties include clerical duties, receptionist, answering the telephone, scheduling patients, ordering supplies, stocking the department., maintaining filings, and general cleaning. Assists in the collection of data for PI monitors. Able to work in all areas of Ultrasound. Be "ON CALL" as needed.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed methods of ultrasound technique.
2. Produces diagnostic images using Doppler, abdominal or pregnancy ultrasound.
3. Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field and other specifications of test.
4. Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
5. Keys test data and patient information into computer to maintain record of test results.
6. Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopsies and/or invasive procedures.
7. Maintains and calibrates equipment.
8. Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
9. Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
10. Orients and mentors new staff members.
11. Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
12. Assists with transporting patients.
13. Orients and mentors new staff members.
14. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
15. Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimal requirements:
1. Must have customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
2. Must be detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
3. Must have critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
4. Must role model ethical, safe, fiscally responsible practices
5. Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions and follow verbal instructions.
6. Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities.
7. Must demonstrate teamwork and team building skills
EDUCATION - Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers or Ultrasonographers.
EXPERIENCE - Previous experience as an Ultrasound Tech preferred
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE; Certification in Basic Life Support; Registered in the following: Vascular Technologist (RVT), ARDMS; Ultrasound Technologist in Abdomen(AB) ARDMS; Ultrasound Technologist in Ob/Gyn (OB) ARDMS
Making Garden Park Medical Center a great place to work is a top priority
At Garden Park, we want to be the employer of choice on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We understand that our employees juggle multiple demands both in and outside of the workplace.
For this reason, we offer a variety of programs and resources to help meet your needs. Our focus is clear: a culture focused on recruiting and retaining talented employees within a culture where you are our top priority. An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
HCA Inc - 17 months ago
HCA dispenses TLC for a profit. HCA Holdings, through HCA, Inc. (Hospital Corporation of America) operates more than 160 acute care,...