Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) of reception and transmission systems and sub-systems of a large scale satellite earth terminal. Designs, develops, troubleshoots and tests the manufacture, installation and repair of electrical equipment, components or systems. Manages engineering projects and other engineers involved in fabrication, installation, maintenance/repair and engineering analysis of RF equipment used in large-scale satellite downlink and uplink operations.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, with Satellite uplinks throughout the U.S. including Gilbert, AZ and Cheyenne, WY, EchoStar is a billion dollar company with over 5,000 employees worldwide and more than 25 years of experience designing, developing and distributing award-winning television set-top boxes, services and related delivery products for television. EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and digital TV solutions that enhance today's home entertainment lifestyle. It’s wholly owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies and managed network services for enterprises and governments in more than 100 countries.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System and Blockbuster.
Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Works with other engineering and management sources to deploy, balance and maintain the space segment signals from earth stations across satellites to customer footprints, many times as the primary POC (Point Of Contact) or key team leader of the activity.
- Executes the Administrator role for Monitor & Control systems and/or Tracking, Telemetry & Command (TT&C) systems.
- Designs and tests small scale electrical equipment, components, systems, instruments, and products. Serves as primary resource for the fabrication and installation of wave-guide assemblies, cables, and fiber-optic systems. Coordinates manufacturing, installation, maintenance, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, procedures and department requirements.
- Manages shift workload for ESO technicians, in absence or in lieu of shift supervisor. Assists Shift Supervisor on all aspects of training, project management, and collateral duties.
- Plans and implements research methodology and procedures related to engineering projects and/or Operations & Maintenance tasks.
- Produces, prepares and analyzes technical drawings, specifications, and databases to ensure installations, maintenance and operations conform to established standards and department requirements.
- Performs detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, installation, and maintenance standards, trends, specifications, G/T and Link Budget calculations, etc.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- BSEE or related technical discipline and at least fifteen years related earth stations operations experience or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess substantial expert knowledge in all earth station Operations and Maintenance (O&M) requirements related to geosynchronous satellite ground station systems.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to supervise for workload priorities, manpower special and routine guidance/leadership needs and more importantly demonstrates a thorough understanding of our highest priority, to protect Continuous Service.
- Project management skills are critical.
- Ability to develop technical AutoCAD drawings of signal flow, antenna systems and equipment rack elevations.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal which demonstrate the ability to publish and communicate time-lines; write reports, business documentation and procedure manuals; the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all organizational levels and external customers
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, schematics or governmental regulations.
- One or more of the following are preferred:
- AutoCAD 3D certification
- Fiber Optic Splicing certification
- Electronic Soldering certification(s)
- G/T and Link Budget training-certification
- Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training Opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 50% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
EchoStar Corporation (EchoStar), formerly EchoStar Holding Corporation, will operate two primary businesses: digital set-top box business...