Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), voted one of FORTUNE's '100 Fastest-Growing Companies', is a leading provider of automated retail solutions offering convenient services that make life easier for consumers and drive incremental traffic and revenue for retailers. The company’s core automated retail businesses include the well-known Redbox® self-service DVD rental and Coinstar® self-service coin-counting brands. The company has approximately 27,000 DVD kiosks and 19,000 coin-counting kiosks in supermarkets, drug stores, mass merchants, financial institutions, convenience stores, and restaurants. For more information, visit www.coinstarinc.com .
The Field Technician is responsible for installing, servicing and maintaining products built and placed by Coinstar.
Summary of Key Responsibilities :
Qualifications & Experience :
- Install and service equipment with a minimum of direct supervision as requested by the Help Desk and District Manager
- Provide equipment service at customer locations when required - service will include installation, repair, calibration, testing and maintenance that requires the use of test equipment and simple hand tools.
- Properly maintain Coinstar spare parts inventory, tools, manuals, and equipment
- Complete service documentation as required by the position function or as requested
- Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control
- Report quality problems and other technical problems
- Interface effectively with other departments and supervisors/managers to resolve customer problems and situations
- Work closely with Customer Business Manager to relay store and customer concerns/feedback, as well as assist with local scheduled promotions.
- As a representative of Coinstar, promote and maintain good customer relations through high standards of personal appearance, ethical behavior, maturity and good judgment
- Other duties as assigned
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
- High school graduate with an Associate Degree in electronics, or equivalent two-year technical training in electronics or military training
- Requires a good working knowledge of computers, electronics, and electro-mechanical devices
- 1-3 years field service experience in troubleshooting and repair of electronic and electromechanical devices
- A basic background in computer hardware and software as well as a basic knowledge of computer controlled equipment
- Previous experience in handling a position of responsibility with little or no supervision
- Must have excellent personal and interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of customers
- Accountable for providing support to customers that meet Coinstar's standards of superior quality service and professionalism at all times
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and intermediate knowledge of current PC operating systems required
- Ability to lift 85 lbs
- Must have a valid driver's license and maintain an acceptable driving record; background checks, MVR and drug tests will be required
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including possibly the day before and after major holidays, including weekend
- Travel outside of an assigned geography may be required from time to time, including consecutive weeks of travel
- In certain markets this position may provide coin & cash handling and transportation responsibilities. In these markets employee must occasionally pull and push coin bins weighing up to 600 lbs using a specially designed hand truck. A commercial motor vehicle certification (CMV) may also be required.
Coinstar - 21 months ago
There's big money in spare change, and Coinstar has turned the previously underutilized "fourth wall" area between the cash...