Please note: This position is ONLY open to US and Canadian residents. Please do NOT apply if you do not already live within the US or Canada. Other positions represented by this firm are also ONLY for US and Canadian residents. People living outside of the US or Canada will NOT be considered.
A/E firm's water resources practice has exceptional growth opportunities for a high motivated, experienced hydrology/hydraulics engineer in a variety of locations. Locations include offices in California, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, or Wisconsin.
- Working as the project engineer, technical lead and/or project manager on a variety of water resources projects
- Directing, supervising and mentoring staff on projects
- Attending client meetings and interacting with clients
- Preparing reports and other project documents
- Quality control
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in civil engineering, environmental engineering, hydraulics or hydropower
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Professional registration as an engineer in any state with the ability to obtain registration in other states within one year of hire date
- Experience as a project engineer and/or project manager on civil engineering and water resource projects
- Experience working directly with clients on civil engineering and water resource projects
- Experience preparing various written or plan-based documentation related to civil engineering projects
- Experience selecting, sizing and designing water-retaining or conveyance structures
- Familiarity with hydrology and hydraulics software including open-channel flow, hydrology and hydraulics programs (such as HEC-1 / HEC-HMS, HEC-2 / HEC-RAS, DAMBRK) and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
- Familiarity with / knowledge of CAD for design and plan development
- Familiarity with the use of GIS software and its application to hydrologic and hydraulic analyses
- Strong self-motivation, the ability to handle a fast-paced position, the ability to work well under pressure, goal- and deadline-driven attributes and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel to work locations
- The ability to temporarily work in other office locations
My client is one of the US' most experienced dam and hydropower engineers. They're over 100 years old with close to 450 employees and serve clients throughout the US from their 24 offices. Named one of the best places to work by CE News, they offer excellent benefits and employee perks. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, and long term care insurances as well as a 401(K), profit sharing, and periodic bonuses. An employee-owned company, they believe in developing their people, consequently provide help with industry conferences and seminars, licensing exams, professional memberships, peer and consultant hosted in-house seminars and tuition reimbursement programs for people pursuing master's programs. They are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer with an Affirmative Action Plan they take seriously. This is a great place to consider building a career and a professional "family."
To apply, submit your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to my client that your cover letter addresses how you meet all of their requirements. Please do not neglect to do this if you truly wish to be considered. Please be sure to include an email subject header of RE: JM/HME
Jobmagic - 13 months ago