The Assistant Press Operator sets color and register for four-color, web offset presses to produce direct mail pieces. Other duties include setup of the finishing line and performing quality checks.
Set color and register for four-color, web offset presses
Assist in ensuring that production goals, with respect to both quantity and quality, are met
- Make adjustments on finishing line
- Change plates and ink
- Assist press operator with daily tasks and make-readies
- Read and understand job tickets and interpret proofs to produce jobs to meet the required specifications
- Perform routine quality checks to ensure that pieces meet the required specifications
- Provide leadership and training to Rolltenders and Material Handlers
- Perform routine maintenance on inline finishing equipment
- Provide critical job information to the oncoming shift (passdown)
- Communicate with both internal and external customers to resolve issues
- Participate in customer OK’s as needed to resolve color and register issues
- Enforce plant safety rules and ensure that crew members wear appropriate PPE
- Perform other duties as requested
Two years experience in the operation of a printing press and/or inline finishing press or work in a printing environment. Experience with Harris
M-1000 series presses is preferred. Baker-Perkins experience is a plus.
Proficiency in changing plates, ink, registration and ability to make
adjustments on the finishing line.
- Ability to read and understand job tickets and interpret proofs
- Basic computer skills, including experience with entering information into databases and Lotus Notes or other email programs
- Troubleshooting / problem solving skills
- Strong mathematical skills, including metric conversions (fraction to decimal format)
- Ability to use a ruler with extreme precison to meet postal specs and customer requirements
- Quality-minded individual with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills. Passdowns must be written in a clear and concise manner and the information they contain must be accurate or the oncoming shift may make decisions that could damage product or put customer relationships in jeopardy.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stand for entire shift and lift up to 50 pounds
- Willing to work overtime
RR Donnelley is a global provider of integrated communications. The company works collaboratively with more than 60,000 customers worldwide...