The purpose of QA Automation Consultant is to ensure maximum product quality for deployment in customer network by validating system-level functionality with automation capability. The automation consultant may work in environment with an automation presence, with their role being to continue to extend and support the current automation suite, or may be in an established project where there is no automation and the automation topology will need to be designed from the ground up
The QA Automation Consultant reviews all documentation and test plans. Works closely with test leads to determine an Automation Plan. There is no specialized lab support to support the QA Automation Consultant, therefore the QA Automation Consultant is expected to be able to ensure the integrity of lab environment by himself/herself before performing planned testing. The QA Automation Consultant is expected to know and use Jira to communicate and track software problems. The QA Automation Consultant is expected to write reusable\consumable scripts with few false positives\false negatives. The QA Automation Consultant must be creative and capable of finding solutions to help solve automation limitations.
Knowledge, Experience, Education & Competency: Protocols:
- Experience with Virtual machine technologies and use in automation
- Thorough understanding of Jira and issue processing practices.
- Experience in lab environments and demonstrated ability to bring up platforms, test base and new functionality, and troubleshoot issues on a short fuse to meet customer test schedules.
- Experience testing on all Windows and Mac platforms.
- Web (Selenium)\Rest API\WebService and database testing is a must
- Table Driven testing.
- Keyword Driven testing.
- Managing of Virtual machines in an automated environment
- Strong SQL writer\database tester
- Troubleshooting and expeditious resolution of network/test environment issues.
- Perform Hardware/Platform Testing
- Must be a quick learner (without formal training), self motivated with outstanding customer interface, communication and advocacy skills.
- Has a very high aptitude for trouble shooting and problem resolution. Most issues relating to test setup, tools, equipment, facilities, and translations have to be resolved by the QA Automation Consultant working independently.
- Is located in or near Austin Texas.
- The engineer is able to understand the needs of the customer and the intent of the SOW and add value to the customer instead of being limited by the SOW.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
SOAL Technologies - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard