We are currently interviewing for a Production Manager (traffic controller) to work with us on a long term basis, as part of our core team. Beginning hours now will be approximately 10-20 hours per week, with eventual expansion to a full-time position. This applicant for this position is someone with both account management and project management skills. We are a growing integrated marketing communications firm located in the Boise area.
Successful candidate is a people person who enjoys working as part of a team, and understands how to manage different personality types. Candidate must be experienced and proficient in project management solutions and software. In addition, the successful candidate will be familiar with the marketing industry and have an understanding of how both print and digital marketing and design projects are facilitated. At times this person will need to work independently with minimal direction.
Required Skills and Qualities:
- Project management – setting deadlines for internal team and for clients
- Maintain communications and workflow between subcontractors and clients
- Negotiate project rates and deadlines with subcontractors
- Skills with online software and project management software & techniques
- Understanding of graphic design process and marketing tactics
Examples of Primary Duties:
- Set and maintain client expectations and deadelines
- Schedule new projects, and work with vendors and clients to keep projects on target
- Adjust project deadlines and communicate changes as needed
- Organize client files with research and project information – maintain and update client files
- Organize subcontractor/ vendor files, make sure that contracts are in signed and in place for each new project
- Act as interim art director, ensuring the quality of art and proofs coming from subcontractors meets both client and company expectations
- Act as the main contact point during projects for both customers and subcontractors to translate change requests through to finished product
- Work through established processes while helping to develop and implement additional processes that will help to better speed up and smooth out the design and review process
- Communicate with clients/ vendors and subcontractors via email, phone, text, etc. depending on preferred method
- Attend client and vendor meetings for reviews, planning and approvals
- Track and report on job costs and progress
- Experience with pricing through online and local vendors
- Email, Word, Excel and online software
- Knowledge of marketing communications strategies, and willingness to research and learn more
We’re looking to fill this position immediately – if interested please submit resume and examples of past projects you have managed.