Junior Network Engineer
Fairfax, Virginia, USA
DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business and technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification. As an objective and impartial knowledge-based company, we advise and support organizations along the energy value chain: producers, suppliers & end-users of energy, equipment manufacturers, as well as government bodies, corporations and non-governmental organizations. DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability is part of DNV, a global provider of services for managing risk with more than 10,000 employees in over 100 countries.
Location and team
DNV KEMA’s Management and Operations Consulting group is seeking a Junior Network Engineer. Our customized telecommunications services focus on strategic planning, market trend evaluations, and infrastructure and systems analysis, design and implementation to meet the needs of our clients, which include electric, gas, and water utilities; telecommunications carriers and mobile carriers; private corporate network operators; and federal, state, and local governments. We are seeking a telecommunications professional for work to be conducted throughout the U.S. This position is based out of our Fairfax, VA offices.
Tasks may include
Consulting work to be performed may include:
- Traffic modeling and forecasting
- Network design
- RF propagation
- Telecommunications regulations and licensing
- Telecom systems procurement and implementation
- Telecommunications operations
- Rate and tariff development
- Business planning
What we’re asking
This is a US-based position; applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelors degree in a related area; Masters degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in telecommunications planning, engineering and implementation.
- A systems background in at least one of the following areas:
- Fiber Optics
- IP/MPLS, MPLS/TP
- Connection Oriented Ethernet
- Microwave, Digital & Analog
- Wireless Systems including WiFi, & WiMAX
- LMR, UHF, VHF, 800Mhz, 900Mhz
- SONET, Next Gen SONET
- Power Line Carrier
- Specific knowledge in at least one of the following areas preferred:
- Smart Grid Communications
- Substations Communications
- Tele-protection communications
- SCADA Communications
- Utility Communications
- Private network operators
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Project, and Visio
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel up to approximately 50%
- Willingness and ability to pass a background investigation and drug test (if required)
What we’re offering
DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website at www.dnvkema.com