Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Systems Administrator - Linux
Type of Position:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Installation, configuration, performance turning, and troubleshooting of Linux environments and products.
• Familiarity with the installation, configuration, performance turning, and troubleshooting of windows environments and products.
• Desired experience of installation, configuration and administration of Groundwork monitoring products within a combined Linux, Windows environment.
• Ability to define, develop and manage Linux and Windows OS images for use in a hosted VM environment.
• 2 plus years of experience of which 1 or more are specific with a Linux and Windows environment.
• Documentation skills to include system diagramming and the development of operational support guidelines / reference material.
• Experience with Java based solutions in a Linux environment. Specific experience with JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, James experience a plus.
• Experience with the configuration, implementation and administration of Puppet is desired.
• Experience with Linux and Windows in a hosted VMWare environment.
• Ability to work closely with certification personnel to identify and resolve security concerns.
URS is looking for a System Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, Virginia!
Working hours: this is a shift position, potentially with a rotating shift schedule.
• The System Engineer will provide design, implementation and support engineering duties in support of the CCIIO Enterprise Cloud Application Platform (ECAP).
• ECAP is a virtualized, cloud based environment hosting a variety of applications in support of our HHS customers. The platform is hosted within the Terremark Enterprise Cloud and managed remotely from our offices in Chantilly.
• Elements of a typical Data Center environment that occur above the facility and physical hardware layer are managed to include server provisioning, monitoring, performance analysis, network configuration and management.
• Detailed specifications for redundancy, failover, and disaster recovery need to be planned and implemented.
• The VM environment will be a combination of Red Hat Linux and MS Windows with a SAN based storage and backup solution.
• Work will include solution design, resource provisioning, system verification and delivery.
• Responsibilities will primarily include configuration management duties for the established environment to include the development and implementation of CM support plans and scaling of the supported environment to meet expanding needs.
URS Corporation - a FORTUNE 500 Company - is a fully integrated engineering and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. URS provides these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States, FORTUNE 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We have approximately 50,000 employees in a network of offices in more than 30 countries. The Company’s business is focused on four key market sectors: Federal, Infrastructure, Power, and Industrial & Commercial.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...