Given the forward thinking business model, proprietary nature of the business, and the aggressive growth oriented goals that Caris has, this position requires an individual who thrives in leadership roles that require high levels of accountability, strategic problem solving abilities, and a passion for driving results in work teams. This individual will be responsible for leading a team of billing representatives and leadership who are responsible for billing and collections in an innovative healthcare environment. The Director, Billing and Reimbursement will be responsible for setting expectations, and for providing vision and leadership for a highly functioning billing team. This billing team functions in a high demand environment and bills for innovative healthcare services which are, in many cases, new to the market, and therefore, the leader of this group will be required to develop innovative strategies for overcoming obstacles related to billing and collections. This individual will be key in motivating team members to commit to providing excellent service levels in an environment that is rapidly changing. This will require precise tactical execution managing multiple key concurrent initiatives. The Director, Billing and Reimbursement will directly interface with multiple department leaders including Finance, Accounting, and Sales.
- Leads a high performance team responsible for Data Entry, CPT and ICD-9 Coding, Cash Posting, Denial and Accounts Receivable Management, Refunds Processing, and Call Center Operations.
- Provides leadership, drives change, and facilitates process improvements.
- Actively collaborates with the Finance team on analysis of billing activity for monthly financial reporting, the sales and marketing team of new and existing clients, and senior management on performance and new initiatives.
- Participates in the Compliance Committee for Coding and Billing related items; establishes and enforces departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Develops and monitors operating procedures and, where necessary, implements changes in workflow to improve productivity.
- Launches, manages, and monitors integration initiatives for new billing locations.
- Drafts accurate budgeting and forecasting of headcount and cash receipts.
- Creates and holds billing leadership accountable for established performance and production standards.
- Maintains billing related quality patient outcomes.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations, makes hiring decisions, and develops corrective action plans when necessary.
- Provides educational opportunities for staff Pathologists regarding coding matters.
- Interfaces with third party payers to resolve reimbursement issues and provides guidance to appropriate senior leadership regarding contracting challenges.
- Recruits, hires, trains and develops team. Provides direction to and development of associates through daily coaching, the administration of Performance Management, and the creation and implementation of development plans.
- Assesses performance and provides timely and constructive feedback to staff. Determines additional training needs. Prepares annual performance evaluations and recommends merit increase and bonus percentages.
- Promotes organizational efficiency, needed change and continuous quality improvement. Identifies and implements opportunities for automation and improved efficiency.
- Assists as needed to perform other related duties and special projects as required. Requirements :
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience:
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a multi-site environment.
- Capacity to actively engage and communicate with a wide variety of employees, senior leaders and external auditors to drive change and problem solve.
- Ability to respond to change quickly and generate creative ideas and solutions to emerging business changes.
- Active, visible and influential leadership style such as ability to directly engage, arrive at conclusions, drive consensus, and monitor actions in support of quality outcomes.
- Skilled in researching, interpreting, and presenting data in a concise manner.
- Demonstrates strong ability to effectively plan, organize, and delegate.
- Leads by example and demonstrates commitment to continual improvement and a passion for excellence.
- Maintains a high standard of discipline, professionalism, and sound decision making for excellence.
- Ability to motivate a highly successful team to exceed performance goals, drive change, and lead a growing staff.
- Personable, persuasive, and comfortable navigating all levels of the workforce.
- Communication – Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
- Bachelor Degree in related field required.
- 8-12 years’ experience in managing a high volume, fast growing billing office within the laboratory or pathology setting is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of reimbursement, billing, coding and compliance regulations is required.
Caris Life Sciences - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Caris Life Sciences is a leading biosciences company focused on fulfilling the promise of personalized medicine. As the first commercial...