MLT in state of the art clinical laboratory. Tuesday-
Saturday first shift position.
The Medical Laboratory Technologist performs clinical
laboratory testing of blood, amniotic fluid and dried
blood specimens following the lab’s procedures for
specimen handling and processing, test analyses,
reporting and maintaining records of test examinations.
require the exercise of independent judgment and
- The medical technologist shall perform tests which
responsibility with minimal supervision by the
director or supervisor.
direction of the laboratory supervisor, assist in
- Clinical laboratory technologists, under the
the supervision and training of technicians, aides
“lead role” responsibilities beyond sample testing
- The medical technologists shall take on additional
to assist in the daily operation and maintenance of
the laboratory (i.e laboratory safety, instrument
maintenance, DI water system monitoring and
- Accessioning, storage and retrieval of patient
- Complete quality control assays.
- Preparation of assay buffers and reagents
- Maintain inventory of assay reagents and raw
- Assist with daily maintenance of laboratory
- Participate in daily maintenance of laboratory and
document all quality control activities, instrument
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies,
and procedural calibrations and maintenance
testing samples are tested in the same manner as
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency
procedures whenever test systems are not within the
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and
laboratory's established acceptable levels of
performance or reporting of test results; correct
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test
problems or immediately notify Lab Supervisor,
Assistant Lab Director and/or Lab Director of
related to test systems that deviate from lab’s
- Assist in documentation of corrective actions
established performance specifications.
exhaustive and may be substituted as necessary.
- Biohazard waste disposal
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not
Clinical Laboratory Environment. Exposure to blood
specimens and other potentially infectious materials.
Must be able to work flexible schedule including weekend
shifts. Must wear protective work gear as directed
Must have ability to sit and stand for long periods of
time. Must be able to lift 25 pounds . Will also work in
clinical lab area requiring adherence to lab safety
PerkinElmer is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
% of Travel Required : None
Bachelors Medical Laboratory Technology from NYS
accredited MLT program or equivalent combination of
education and work.
New York State Department of Education Medical
Laboratory Technologist License required/
1-2 year’s lab experience preferred.
Must be focused, detail oriented and able to follow
Good oral communication and written comprehension
Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
First Shift; Tuesday - Saturday
% of Travel Required : None
PerkinElmer - 14 months ago
PerkinElmer hopes to perk up those looking to cure a disease or clean the environment. The company makes instruments and research products...