Marketing Analyst Intern (Master's Student) - Summer 2013
Staples Advantage is the business to business division of Staples that serves organizations from 20 or more employees up to the Fortune 1000, including global businesses, local, state and federal government, healthcare organizations and educational institutions. To learn more visit
. The Database Marketing department plays a key role in the growth of Staples Advantage through customer analytics, direct marketing strategy and execution as well as channel integration.
Marketing Analyst Intern will be working on customer analysis that are critical to the business to achieve its cross-sell and customer retention goals. The intern will be a full member of the analytical team and interact with members of the marketing, merchandising and sales teams. This is an opportunity to work with a large complex relational database and learn the fundamentals of B2B data from some highly skilled Senior Analysts.
- Gather requirements for the analysts
- Articulate an approach
- Run the analysis
- Create a summary of findings and deliver presentation to the marketing directors and vice president
- Master’s preferred in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance.
- A minimum GPA of a 3.0
- Solid understanding of database concepts fueled by a passion for data.
- SQL is a must; solid track-record of using SQL for reporting purpose OR appropriate university level training required.
- Being able to prioritize and work under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Have the motivation and the ability to learn fast: data systems, analytical tools, business concepts
- Strong quantitative, analytics and problem solving skills.
- The ability to work in a team as well as individually
- Positive attitude, team player with professional demeanor.
- A sense of humor
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience working with SAS or SPSS and Business Object
- Experience in Marketing / Customer analytics preferred
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples - 19 months ago
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...