Generally responsible for providing Quality Assurance/Quality Control oversight for various EPCm projects. Work will be performed under minimal supervision.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
•Prioritizing work, scheduling plans, and following up on directed assignments.
•Assisting Quality Assurance Leader in promoting and growing quality awareness within the organization.
•Administering the quality assurance system and providing training, as necessary.
•Presenting Hargrove Management System (HMS) training and maintaining quality assurance training records.
•Developing written work processes (procedures, flow-charts, checklists, etc.) to support the HMS.
•Assisting Quality Assurance Leader in Lessons Learned and Customer Satisfaction efforts.
•Conducting quality audits, documenting results and implementing root cause analysis where appropriate. Issuing audit reports in a timely manner, logging and tracking audit finding resolutions and identifying any performance issues and areas of non-conformance.
•Assisting Discipline Resource Leaders, Project Managers, and other Department Team Leaders with developing corrective action plans and preventative action strategies.
•Preparing project-specific quality plans.
•Keeping leadership informed on quality performance and ensuring that quality records are maintained.
•Maintaining corrective action plans related to quality assurance and developing any appropriate reports to support, monitor and track the improvement progress against any planned corrective actions.
•Assisting the Industry Leaders with alignment of client expectations and facilitating feedback surveys.
•Encouraging all team members to recognize outstanding performance.
•Assisting the team, through various alignment activities, to grow into a high-performance team.
•Implementing a Value Engineering Program that tracks/documents cost savings ideas.
•Occasionally travelling to other Hargrove offices to perform quality assurance audits and/or training.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Bachelor degree in recognized quality assurance field.
• ASQ Certification in Quality Engineering or Management is preferred.
• Position requires 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in quality assurance/quality control administration, inspection and representation within Industrial EPC environments.
• A minimum of three (3) years experience as a Provisional Auditor or one (1) year as a Lead Auditor is preferred.
• Hands on knowledge of QA/QC practices related to heavy industrial EPC project execution.
• Working knowledge of Industry Codes and Standards including but not limited to ASME, API, AWS, NFPA, NACE, IEEE, NEC.
• Certification of successful completion of ASQ or RABQSA Auditor Training is preferred.
• Ability to effectively present Quality Management/Engineering Quality Assurance Training to groups ranging from 5 to 20+ people.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Experience in and a thorough knowledge of construction work methods, practices and codes and standards.
• Proven ability to monitor industrial contractor project performance and to verify that specifications and quality standards are met.
• Proven ability to analyze quality assurance data and make recommendations for improvements.
• Proven ability to audit and compile quality records.
• Proven ability to effectively interface directly with clients.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and innovative thinking style.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Ability to lead a small team to deliver on commitments.
• Knowledge and experience with turnover tracking tools is preferred.
•Ability to hold or lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Hargrove Engineers + Constructors - 30+ days ago