We are building a virtualized, distributed, voice application and processing platform using a mixture of Asterisk, Linux, Apache, Windows .NET and IIS7 backed by a world-class datacenter utilizing Cisco network hardware and load balancers. We are seeking a Linux Systems Administrator responsible for providing technical leadership and support to the Linux infrastructure.
The team environment is extremely innovative, intellectually challenging and very dynamic. You will need advanced research, troubleshooting, and people skills; the ability to work collaboratively; strong analytical skills; a great work ethic; and a drive to succeed.
- Design, implement and maintain the server farms and voice/messaging infrastructure.
- Manage the redundancy and failover systems.
- Provide regular status updates on projects, including progress updates and identification of technical risks and issues associated with them.
- Provide technical guidance and training to other staff members within the organization.
- Tune and monitor application and operating system performance.
- Maintain the security and integrity of the network and systems.
- Support production systems, analyze problems, and configure systems within the distributed computing environment.
- Analyze and troubleshoot all network and communication devices.
- 5+ years designing, analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving issues with Linux server farms, application, and networking issues
- 4+ years supporting multi-tier Internet application platforms, especially service-oriented architecture
- 4+ years experience building and supporting VMware systems
- 1+ years experience troubleshooting application issues through Cisco routers, firewalls and load balancer
- Must have experience building and supporting mission critical server farms
- Ability to work with others well and participate on cross-technology teams
- Able to juggle many tasks at once
- Quick learner
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to create concise but clear documentation
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Extremely organized
- Ability to build and support Windows servers
- Experience with Asterisk, SIP, VOIP is a plus
- Significant experience with Linux, VLANs, IPSEC, LAN/WAN routing, NAT/PAT, voice services, firewalls, failover
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and organizational skills with ability to gather requirements and arrive at technical decisions.
- Demonstrated trait as a self-starter and desire to change designs for the better
For more information or to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Generous bonuses
- Medical, dental, and vision health benefits
- Casual, laid-back environment - flip flops welcomed
- Work with an amazing, dedicated team
TeleSign - 19 months ago