Comtech LLC, a full-service information systems engineering and services provider, is seeking an experienced IT quality Assurance Analyst Contractor to support an elite Commercial customer. In addition you will:
1. Assist with implementing and monitoring a Quality Management System - providing guidance and implement controls within the organization with regards to quality
2. Review current policies, standards, plans, processes, and procedures
3. P rovide recommendations for standards, procedures, and guidelines for implementing program/project QA/QC activities, from project initiation through delivery
4. Lead quality assurance and quality control activities as assigned by the Quality Assurance and Quality Control Manager.
5. Provide training and act as a mentor on methodology-based quality plans, processes, procedures, and templates.
6. Ensure the Projects Management Plans include activities to assure quality
7. Monitor programs/projects in the organization to ensure the practices, procedures and policies being practiced comply with standards, policies, and regulations
8. Participate in reviews, walkthroughs, assessments, and inspections
9. Identify impediments to quality and project execution; recommend corrective action items
10. Monitor and track quality action items or quality issues through resolution
11. Provide guidance to the program/project to help ensure deliverable products fulfill contractual requirements, satisfy the customer and internal project standards, and meet the internal and industry standards for quality
12. Identify and report project quality risks
13. Collect objective evidence of quality and analyze quality-related data
14. Ensure assigned QA/QC departmental activities are performed appropriately and correctly
15. Create and maintain QA/QC departmental materials to support activities
16. Support process improvement initiatives
5-7 years hands-on experience in IT (not testing) Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) end- to- end 5-7 years project management (IT; not business only) focused with process improvements, assessments, and quality controls Experience conducting gap analysis regarding business processes; making recommendations and implementing more efficient alternatives Proven experience with the implementation, execution, management, and administration of Quality Assurance and Quality Control best practices Developed and implemented Program/Project Quality Assurance Plans Developed and implemented Quality Gates or Quality Checkpoints as part of the SDLC Experience initiating and implementing quality assurance and control, and methodologies and practices in an IT project development and maintenance environment Excellent verbal and written communication skills Ability to multi-task in a changing environment Ability to quickly understand assignments and customers Ability to own and lead assigned tasks with minimum to no supervision Ability to read, understand, and update Microsoft Project Schedules 13. Experience providing oversight of processes - conducting project or process assessments, identifying and reporting project quality risks, facilitating processes improvement activities
Bachelors degree in IT Experience in applying and/or Certification in the following (as appropriate): PMBOK, CMMI, ISO, Lean Six Sigma, and/or ITIL Experience with the implementation, execution, management, and administration of Quality Assurance and Quality Control best practices Microsoft Project Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook Experience using SharePoint as a communication and collaboration tool
PMP Masters degree Experience with Agile methodology Industry certification in IT process improvement/process engineering, and/or internal auditing desirable
Best Fit / Team Dynamic:Highly energetic Go getter and self starter Company Overview:
Comtech, LLC is a full-service information systems engineering and services provider located in Northern Virginia. Comtech delivers end-to-end solutions for business and government enterprise using state-of-the-art, cutting-edge products and best practices. Comtech's customer list includes federal and state government agencies as well as Fortune 500 and medium-size enterprises in industries such as technology, healthcare, financial and defense. The Comtech team includes engineers and specialists with a diverse background in deploying comprehensive IT solutions, including needs assessment, implementation, system training, and management. Comtech LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/D/V.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Comtech LLC - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard