Title: Prep Cook
Department: Food & Beverage Hours of Work: 20-40 hours
Category: Seasonal FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary/Grade Level: Date Approved:
Reports to (Supervises/Liaison): Kitchen Supervisor; Food & Beverage Manager
Under the direction of the shift Kitchen Supervisor or Line Cook, is responsible for the preparation of salads, vegetables, sauces, soups, sandwiches and other menu items at the Tramway restaurant, in order to contribute to guest satisfaction providing a premier customer service atmosphere.
- Prepares salads, vegetables, sandwiches and portions of food
- Assists the cooks in simultaneously balancing and putting out different plates during a shift
- Learns the practices and techniques of preparing and cooking basic menu items in order to progress to the line cook level of experience and knowledge
- Assists with movement of supplies from lower terminal to kitchen area
- Maintains high sanitation standards and proper hygiene and sanitary habits at all times
- Ensures proper food handling and storage and space/equipment cleanliness; and assists supervisor in preparing for health inspections.
- Provides assistance to kitchen staff in order to put out a top quality food product in an efficient manner
- Develop/maintain teamwork and to contribute to a smooth operation
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to meet time and attendance requirements
- Ability to work all different shifts including holidays and weekends
- Knowledge of the practices and techniques of restaurant cooking, food presentation and storage;
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Knowledge of all kitchen equipment and appliances; and sanitary food requirements/codes
- Ability to work productively and under pressure in a fast paced environment; good dexterity; willingness to learn .
- Ability to hand stress under pressure.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to learn, understand, and follow oral and written instructions/directions.
- Thorough knowledge of state sanitary regulations and requirements, as well as standard practices and procedures related to food preparation and storage.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees
- Ability to work directly with the public, providing information and assistance on a daily basis
- Ability/willingness to learn and pass on to guests those areas of interest to visitors, such as local history, people, culture, geography, etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- High school diploma or equivalent, AND
- One (1) year as a prep cook with experience in a high volume environment.
- Alaska food workers card
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- Current CPR and first aid certificates,
- Drug testing may be required
- Fire prevention training
- ServSafe certification
Standard kitchen environment as part of an aerial tramway and lift operation at a 1800 ft. elevation; constant exposure to extreme heights, and periodic exposure to dangerous equipment during emergency evacuations or power failures. Constant movement in narrow/confined work spaces and a hot, noisy environment; prolonged standing for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift/move up to 80 lbs, periodically, constant bending, lifting, stooping is required to maintain adequate supplies. The Tram is a non-smoking facility with designated outside smoking areas.
Closing Date: 2/2
Goldbelt, Inc. - 21 months ago