"This is a great opportunity to learn new technologies, both relational and No-SQL databases, and be a key contributor to our Cloud strategy. This is a fun, highly collaborative team that sets the strategic direction to provide SAS/PAAS analytics to the cloud. We are a $700 million company but our group will feel very much like a startup with independence, fast pace, and a chance to work with live technology that other techies are only talking about. We want a DBA who is technically curious and hungry to learn and adapt".
The Database Engineering team is responsibe for full life cycle database activities including Product Development, Product Support and Operational support for Saas and Hosted solutions. The team supports multiple relational database technologies (Netezza, SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL) as well as some NoSQL technologies (Couchbase, MongoDB)
Roles and Responsibilities: This person will be responsible for:
• Supporting Vertica, MySQL and other database systems in a 24 x 7 environment
• On-call responsibilities (rotation) to support production systems
• Planning, implementing and managing the physical databases of mission critical OLTP and Decision Support systems
• Capacity planning to determine future storage needs
• Monitoring and improving database and application performance
• Providing development and tuning support to implementation teams
• Troubleshooting production performance issues
• Developing processes and procedures to enhance the stability and performance of database environment and our level of support to our client teams
• Ensuring that backup, restore and recovery procedures are implemented and followed
Working Conditions: Database Administrator in mission critical database environments. This administrator would support development, test and production environments. This DBA works independently on multiple projects with direction from management.
Education and or Certifications:
BS in MIS or Computer Science
Experience and Qualifications:
6-8 Years Database Administration experience in multiple relational and NoSQL database technologies--Must have strong expertise in MySQL
Pluses: Oracle, Vertica, Netezza, Couchbase, Mongodb, Hadoop, Cassandra and SQL Server
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong troubleshooting skills
At FICO, you can advance your career within one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today - analytics. With our industry leading...