Brown and Caldwell is seeking candidates for an entry-level Geologist/Hyrdrogeologist I position for their Memphis, Tennessee office. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work with strong, nationally recognized, senior technical staff on various environmental related projects.
This position involves a high percentage of field work and some office responsibilities. Field work may include observation of drilling operations, including drilling of soil borings, installation of monitoring and groundwater recovery wells, installation of vapor probes, collection and field classification of soil and rock samples and conducting various field tests. Other fieldwork may include groundwater and soil sampling, water-level measurements, aquifer testing, soil vapor sampling, borehole geophysical testing or other tasks. Office work may include preparation of boring logs, hydraulic conductivity calculations and data entry of various field and analytical data. The successful candidate may also provide data interpretation, including preparation of data maps, contour maps and cross-sections, and the preparation of brief sections of report text.
- B.S. in Geology or Hydrogeology; M.S. degree preferred
- Detailed understanding of geologic principles and general awareness of groundwater flow and environmental concepts
- Highly organized, reliable and able to work well with others
- Field assignments require extensive travel year-round with overnight stay outside the Memphis area
- Field assignments require ability to perform physically demanding work, including ability to lift 30 to 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record are required
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required
- GIS experience is a plus
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification is preferred but not required
For more than 60 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry....