Development: C++, Newport Beach;
A company, who is the leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifiers, has an immediate job opening for a Digital Engineer / Hardware Design Engineer. They are an ISO9001 certified company with an excellent industry reputation; who was founded in 1999, and designs and manufactures solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial and military customers worldwide. This is a great opportunity with future growth potential, in a fast-pace work environment, where engineering innovations are encouraged. We offer a competitive salary, cash bonus plan, comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) contributions, etc.
The Digital Engineer participates in the design, development, and maintenance of digital board and software application for our amplifier modules and systems targeted to the industrial and military market.
- Actively participate in digital and software requirements definition.
- Plan and track digital and software development projects.
- Design digital control boards to meet power amplifier module requirements.
- Designing and implementing software components to meet customer-specific design requirements.
- Writing interface control documentation.
- Generating and reviewing technical product documentation.
- Work with other engineers, managers, and Product Management teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Responsible for design, implementation, and test of code from the module level through full system integration.
- Requires hands-on bench testing and debugging of digital hardware.
- Interface with customers during design reviews and system tests.
- Work with vendors to explain special requirements and to solve/resolve technical issues related to vendor-supplied material.
- Perform circuit board hardware design using PADs.
- Develop serial communication protocol to enable asynchronous (UART) and synchronous (SPI, I2C) communication.
- Must be capable of working on assignments with little direct supervision.
a.Voltage level differences between TTL, NMOS, CMOS technologies, ability to successfully interface between various technologies without signal degradation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering required.
- 4+ years of relevant experience with digital design and applications.
- 1+ years of relevant experience (Embedded SW Development in OS Environment).
- Good engineering capabilities, capable of understanding HW architecture.
- Experience in Embedded SW design and development.
- Analog and digital electronics circuit knowledge required and hardware design experience is a significant plus.
- Experience with PIC, FREESCALE, and ARM architectures, good understanding of their assembler languages.
- Experience writing low level device drivers (A/D, D/A, Timers, SCI, UART, USB).
- Software Skills: Ability to create basic software architecture and write code for individual modules involving 8-bit, 16-bit, or 32-bit embedded microcontrollers using commonly used embedded system design languages (C, C++,Visual C++ Assembler and others).
- Familiarity with some of the following bus systems and related protocols is preferred: IPv4 & 6 (TCP & UDP), RS-232, RS-422/485, IEEE-488, CAN, I2C (TWI/SMB), IEEE 802.3/802.3b, 802.11, LVDS, 1-Wire, SPI.
- Knowledge Network and Ethernet SNMP, UDP, software and application.
- Experience in Web-based user interfaces or web user interfaces (WUI) utilize Java, Visual C++ .NET or similar technologies to provide real-time control.
- Proficient in using various electronic test / measuring equipment including: Digital Multi-meter, Oscilloscope, Network Analyzer, Signal Generator, In-circuit Emulator, Data Acquisition, Spectrum Analyzer, and Logic Analyzer.
- Knowledge of gate / logic IC limitations with respect to following:
b.Output signal requirements with respect to voltage level & driving ability as related to maximizing the Fan-out in a given logic design.
c.Input signal requirements with respect to voltage and current, accurately modeling gate / circuit inputs as electrical loads.
d.Interfacing with other analog or mixed signal circuits, both from signal reception standpoint and the signal driving ability.
If interested, send your resume directly to me at Brandon.email@example.com or click the link below and create a profile. Thanks. Look forward to working with you.
- Graphics Drivers experience.
- WinCE, QNX experience.
- Xilinx (soft core CPU) FPGA design experience.
- Background knowledge and experience with real-time digital signal processing (DSP).
Keywords: Digital Engineer, Hardware Design Engineer, Embedded engineer, Object Orientated, GUI, ARM, ARM 7, TI, PIC, Freescale, Microcontrollers, I2C, 802.11, Driver, A/D, D/A, Timers, SCI, UART, USB, Embedded, Firmware, C, C++, Embedded OS, RTOS, Java, C#, Visual C++, WinCE, QNX, Hardware, STL, boot, Distributions, ISO, FDA, Software, FPGA, Xilinx, IP Network, Protocols, WUI, Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzer,
Possible Locations: Inglewood, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Orange, Newport Beach, Irvine, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, Laguna Beach, San Clemente, Dana Point, Foothill Ranch, Laguna Niguel, Orange, Seal Beach, Cypress, Yorba Linda, Huntington Beach, Brea, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Laguna Hills, Aliso Viejo, Balboa, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Corona Del Mar, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, La Habra, La Palma, Placentia, Portola Hills, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Tustin, Westminster, Carlsbad, Chino Hills, Corona, Temecula, Torrance, Orange County, Riverside, Los Angeles
Jobmagic - 12 months ago
Jobspring Partners is a nationwide technology recruiting firm. We serve highly skilled technology professionals and companies with challengi...