SOFT's client, located in Orange County, NY, needs a Linux Engineer for a full-time position with full benefits.
In this role, the successful candidate will apply a variety of infrastructure experience to designing, implementing and testing new business solutions, hardware refreshes and configurations enhancements. This individual will work very closely with software development teams, production operations teams and support groups to meet business and technical demands. He/she will be able to apply virtualization experience, network design and storage concepts to develop designs and proposals for infrastructure changes with high availability in mind. Other responsibilities include: Mentor and train junior level Linux administrators on staff, support of Zimbra email system running on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system, lead on LINUX administration (upgrades, patching, testing and monitoring) on development and test servers in lab environment.
• Shares responsibility for the day-to-day support, maintenance and monitoring of development & testing equipment running Red Hat Linux. Troubleshooting with development teams, making OS changes, testing changes and documenting changes for hand off to production teams.
• Perform resource monitoring, performance tuning, and scaling of infrastructure as needed on the RHEL systems.
• Administer virtual machines using vShpere v5
• Administer RHEL Network Satellite management platform
• Customize scripts to kickstart RHEL systems; setup other automations to streamline repetitive administration.
• Develop, implement, test and document best practices/standards
• Keep abreast of latest changes and feature availability for Linux, email/webmail, HA, Cisco BAC/CNR and virtualization environments.
• Configure, monitor, and manage physical storage and file systems on LINUX servers.
• Document Linux configurations and procedures, participate in environment planning meetings, and communicate environment requirements to management.
• Perform hardware and software installations, upgrades, and troubleshooting of OS, provisioning, email and web based applications.
• Work closely with Zimbra & Cisco BAC/CNR application support teams to maintain up-to-date patch level and Zimbra specific feature configuration.
• Shares responsible for functionality of Mail, MTA, LDAP, and Proxy servers in Zimbra dev & test environment.
• Bachelor's degree in MIS, CS or related discipline.
• 5- 7 years experience with RHEL, CentOS, or Fedora system administration in an enterprise environment
• 3-5 years experience supporting web and email servers in an ISP environment.
• 2 years of Windows administration
• 2 years experience with VMWare v5 and virtual environments
• Enterprise Technologies (NFS, Kickstart procedures, performance tuning, mail, security)
• Internet server protocols and utilities (DNS, SMTP, POP, IMAP, HTTP/S, TLS, S/FTP, TCP/IP, SSH, iptables)
• Troubleshooting and problem solving skills with little supervision (email, network, hardware, OS)
• Understanding of RHEL and/or software based cluster configurations and concepts
• Shell scripting
• Security hardening
• Performance tuning and monitoring (Nagios, Catci and Solarwinds)
• Oracle/MySQL database administration is a plus.
• Working knowledge of NetApp / Compellent storage solutions
• Cisco UCS configuration and support a plus
Source of Future Technology, Inc. - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard