Ashland Inc. (NYSE: ASH) provides specialty chemical products, services and solutions for many of the world's most essential industries. Serving customers in more than 100 countries, it operates through five commercial units: Ashland Aqualon Functional Ingredients, Ashland Hercules Water Technologies, Ashland Performance Materials, Ashland Consumer Markets (Valvoline) and Ashland Distribution. To learn more about
We are looking for an Assistant Director of Corporate Real Estate.
This position will be based in our
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Assist the Corporate Real Estate Director, in aligning real estate operations with division objectives, maintain managed relationships with the business units and corporate personnel from the senior executive to operating management level, provide strategic analyses and recommendations, ultimately satisfying all of
's real estate needs, both domestically and internationally.
- Assist the Corporate Real Estate Director in representing
as its designated authorized contact with the external real estate community in arranging the acquisition, consolidation and relocation of facilities/offices required for conducting business operations, including direction of external real estate service providers, both domestically and internationally.
Identify and implement real estate productivity initiatives and, act as an advocate for implementation of real estate general services, both domestically and internationally.
- Assist the Corporate Real Estate Director in amending and improving all real estate processes, policies and procedures relating to real estate.
- Assist the Corporate Real Estate Director in the management of the disposition of owned/leased surplus real property, including all aspects of the disposition process. Will create innovative strategies and procedures in disposing of many environmentally impaired or otherwise troubled properties.
- Assist the Corporate Real Estate Director in the management of the real estate property closing function, including but not limited to company financed real estate transactions to escrow arrangements, obtaining title insurance and preparation and recordation of legal documents.
- Assist the Corporate Real Estate Director in administering and managing
's IRC 1031 deferred tax property exchange program.
This requires constant attention to changing tax laws and interaction with tax accountants and attorneys.
- Assist the Corporate Real Estate Director in resolving property disputes involving boundary, title issues, lease terms, environmental matters, etc.
- Assist the Corporate Real Estate Director in training and development Ashland Real Estate personnel.
- Assist the Corporate Real Estate Director in (i) insuring compliance with appropriate federal and state statutes regarding environmental aspects of property acquisitions and dispositions and (ii) securing easements/rights of way.
- Assist the Corporate Real Estate Director in (i) negotiating settlements with carious government agencies in real property condemnations (ii) maintaining a high profile with real estate industry organizations, maximizing Ashland's exposure.
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience in Corporate or Commercial Real Estate
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Excellent organizational, communication, and teamwork skills along with the ability to work independently
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required. Experience with SAP and/or Salesforce.com is a plus!
- Ability to negotiate and build effective relationships
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please select the Apply button provided below. If no Apply button is provided, please copy and paste the URL below into your address bar. This will take you to Ashland's Career Center. Once there, enter job number REA10010 in the Keyword Search field to find this posting and apply online.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.