Prepare breakfast bar for hotel guests while greeting and servicing them in a friendly manner consistent with brand and/or hotel and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Restaurant Server or Guest Service Agent – Restaurant Supervisor or Front Desk Manager.
- Carry food, dishes, trays, or silverware from pantry to serving counters.
- Set up attractive food displays and maintain cleanliness to ensure food safety.
- Wipe tables or seats with dampened cloths.
- Scrape and stack dirty dishes and carry dishes and other tableware to kitchens for cleaning.
- Clean up spilled food, drink or broken dishes and remove trash.
- Maintain adequate supplies of items such as clean glassware, dishes, or trays.
- Fill beverage and ice dispensers.
- Stock cabinets or serving areas with condiments and refill condiment containers.
- Locate and provide items requested by guests.
- Clean and polish counters, shelves, walls, furniture, or equipment in pantry or breakfast area and mop or vacuum floors.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program
- Practice safe work habits and use required safety equipment.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Work Environment and Context
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Food sanitation certification a plus and required within 90 days of employment.
- Previous food and beverage experience preferred or equivalent training.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, ivestment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to htels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching; stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management - 13 months ago