The role of the Director, Product Design is to build the Harry and David brands by driving the creative agenda and delivering innovative and exciting art and packaging ideas for our products. This role is responsible for directing and managing the design and development of innovative, creative, and complete product concepts based on the strategic goals set forth by Design and Merchandising management; this includes active partnering with Design, Marketing, Packaging, Development, Content, Supply Management, and Executive management. This is accomplished through directing and managing a design team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management
- Searches the marketplace for innovative new product ideas and trends to support the business growth strategy.
- Direct product design for all merchandising category assortment.
- Lead cross-functional innovation and product development processes in collaboration with Design, Engineering and others, throughout the entire process from ideation, concept, sourcing, introduction, quality control and launch.
- Bring to market new and innovative product packaging concepts and art, while providing a point of differentiation in the marketplace for Harry and David.
- Oversee the development, execution and operational sequencing of products from concept to customer, meeting all "Go-To-Market" milestones while meeting profitability, customer service, speed-to-market, and quality and compliance requirements.
- Works in collaboration with merchants, supply management and marketing regarding production strategies.
- Manages the development calendar deadlines for critical approvals.
- Support Sales Teams and channels to drive sales by collaborating on analysis of account specific assortments, retail channel trends and develop ideas for brands and participate in major presentations.
- Works with VP of Product Design and development to build and maintain a 3 year merchandising strategy for development and innovation that will deliver expected sales and margin results.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Harry & David has been an American tradition for almost 80 years. From handpicked fresh fruit to handpacked gift baskets and homemade...