Job Description: As our Information Taxonomist you will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive meta data and taxonomy strategy for use in managing a business unit's or entire enterprise's information assets. Your ability to leverage standard methodologies to develop and validate new taxonomies and other categorization schemes for organizing information assets will be key. You will need to apply your understanding of end-user research as it relates to defining taxonomy categorization and its impact on the overall user search experience.You will work side-by-side with various stakeholders both inside of the Information Technology application development teams, user experience specialists, and business partners across Intel to develop an overall taxonomy framework for various business domains. You will also be responsible for understanding the competitive landscape and industry from a macro level as it applies to developing global, enterprise level, high quality taxonomies.
The successful candidate will also possess experience in the following areas:
- Project and task management experience successfully delivering taxonomy projects on-time, within budget, and in scope
- Contributing to the development of internal consulting services program offerings and capabilities in the taxonomy area
- Highly self-motivated, able to prioritize and focus on critical tasks.
- Independent, but take direction and input very well
- Works well in highly collaborative environment
- Excellent user centered design skills/background and proven themselves to be creative problem solvers
- Excellent verbal and written communications abilities augmented with strong presentation skills
- Consensus builders that can flexibly articulate the value of user-centered design in a fast-moving, highly competitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence and solid understanding of applying skills in business applications would be an added advantage
- Very comfortable managing numerous and diverse stakeholders, driving taxonomy/information architecture design for strategic, high visibility initiatives.
- Experience with User Experience Design approach and ability to coach colleagues in information architecture and taxonomy concepts/methods.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred in Information sciences, Library Sciences, or Human Computer Interaction with relevant coursework
- Minimum 6 years' work experience in information architecture, knowledge management or libraries
- Previous experience working with taxonomy/ontology tools
- Experience with creating metadata models or schema
- Exposure to information retrieval and text processing methods
- Experience developing for global, corporate environment
- Exposure to broader user experience analysis and research methods and/or human computer interaction (HCI)
- Familiarity with current concepts, practices and trends in media asset management
- Experience developing controlled vocabularies
- Experience with thesaurus construction and maintenance
- Familiarity with ontologies and current developments in Web 2.0
- Experience with social tagging
- Prior experience in developing taxonomy for customer service/support services
Mar 25, 2013
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
In this role you will be a member of IT's Human Factors Engineering team. We're committed to improving the user experience of all IT solutions by providing UX enablement through training, standards, ongoing research, and direct project support.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...