Telecom Design Engineer III - RF
Researches, designs, plans, develops and/or evaluates new, advanced network technologies by translating customer requirements or strategic business objectives into final product design for projects of highest complexity and multiple technologies. Work typically includes in-depth assessment of the customer's networked application needs, providing network modeling and simulation testing, consulting to further clarify needs, and engineering high-speed technology network transports to deliver application functionality. Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve very complex issues in creative and effective ways.
RF Engineer: In this position candidate will be responsible for writing and managing the execution of market test plans ans routes , and the analysis of test results. Candidate will work closely with RF and network vision development, Customer Equipment (CE), infrastructure OEMs and device OEM test teams.
The candidate candidate will be responsible for analyzing requirements, authoring test plans and managing the execution and analysis of test results as part of Device Integration Team.
- 3 plus years of experience in the full life cycle of RF engineering, including product requirements definition, software architecture and unit testing.
- Experience in product integration , testing and debugging of wireless devices.
- Experience with digital cellular protocols, including EV-DO, CDMA, WCDMA, 1x, and LTE air interfaces.
- Working knowledge of standard network protocols, data networking, TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, and HTTP.
- Experience with 3GPP/3GPP2 network infrastructure, including understanding of following functions: PDSN,
BSC, PCF, MSC, IWF, HLR, AAA.
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills. Excellent communication skills Experience with scripting languages: shells, Python
- Bachelor's degree and four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
- Three years experience with research, design, planning and development of new advanced network technologies, network components and radio frequency (RF) and/or wireless transmission
- Two years project management and project implementation experience
Preferred: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or technical concentration or equivalent experience
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
VARESQ - Reston, VA Corporate (NXL)
12000 Sunrise Valley Dr