The Accounting Clerk is primarily responsible for communicating the sales, expenses, and cash auditing results from the previous day to the General Manager and Department Managers in order for them to make decisions on how to maximize efficiencies and profits.
Our Accounting Clerks are to maintain tight cash controls and report any breakdowns or weaknesses in the system to the General Manager.
Accounting Clerks must maintain a professional image at all times.
We do not allow full beards, body piercing or tongue posts.
Tasteful tattoos are allowed.
Gentlemen may have a single visible earring.
Hair must be neatly groomed and of a natural color.
No radical dyes or hair styles will be allowed. Gentlemen must have their hair up off of the collar.
If hired for this position you must provide proper documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States, be willing to undergo a credit, criminal background and employment reference check, and be at least 16 years of age.
Sapp Bros. is a place where everyone works hard to make each truck stop the very best by being the friendliest and cleanest truck stop chain in the United States.
Accounting Clerks must be extremely proficient with 10-key and Windows based software.
Below is a partial list of duties that one could expect to perform on a typical shift:
- Audit previous day receipts and prepare daily deposit
- Enter sales ahead of daily deadline into accounting system
- Reconcile daily accounts receivable and credit cards
- Answer phones
- Set up new employee in payroll
- Assist Store Associates look for cash variations
- Assist a Store Associate enroll in company 401(k) plan
- File copies of accounts receivable and payable documents
- Balance daily tank charts and notify General Manager of variations
- Reconcile mechanical totalizers to POS sales reports
- Enter daily Bill of Ladings into accounting software
- Enter accounts payable in accounting software
- Control access to confidential employee information and files
- Assist with physical inventory
- Audit and reconcile manager’s vault
- Forecast and order daily change requirements
- Audit vending games subcontractor
- Order office and fuel desk supplies
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements
- Meet daily with General Manager and Departments Heads to communicate results
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with arms and hands.
- Regularly required to lift and / or move items up to 30 pounds
- Vision requirements:
Close vision, distance vision.
Must be able to focus quickly between a computer screen to paper and back again regularly.
Sapp Bros Travel Centers - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -