This position will develop and manage business and commercial real estate loans which meet established lending requirements, as well as develop business and community relationships to foster teamwork and growth of the bank’s customer base. Position is also responsible for origination of 1-4 family secondary real estate loans.
Essential Functions .
- Develop and manage individual loan portfolio according to established strategies and policies and procedures.
- Develop new business by contacting prospects and customers to determine the need for business or commercial real estate lending
- Participate in community activities or organizations to enhance or identify business opportunities
- Interview customers and prospects to develop information about their business needs to identify additional or future business opportunities with Landmark Bank.
- Obtain and analyze financial data and other related credit information.
- Establish and negotiate, where necessary, the terms under which Landmark Bank will extend credit, including the costs, repayment method and schedule and collateral requirements.
- Make decisions on loans and terms if within own lending limits, or follow procedures for recommendations for loans exceeding lending limits.
- Develop materials for and makes loan presentations to the executive committee where required.
- Prepare credit memorandums, criticized asset reports and other loan management reports as necessary.
- Review approved loans, delinquency reports, past dues, non-accruals, credit/collateral exceptions, criticized loans, charged off loans, and other designated reports as means to appropriately monitor portfolio.
- Review portfolio periodically for risk ratings.
Additional Responsibilities .
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. All bankers are expected to follow Bank Secrecy Act and other regulatory requirements related to the position.
- Supervise the loan support staff
- Make referrals for products and services, to include separate lines of business
Education, Experience, Competencies and Skills .
- Proven skills using approved sales techniques to develop customer base
- Demonstrated analytical and reporting abilities
- Knowledge of federal and state banking laws and regulations relating to Commercial and Commercial Real Estate lending
- 5-8 years of lending experience, Commercial and Commercial Real Estate Lending or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and at least 3 years of Commercial Lending Experience
- 3 years previous management and supervisory training and experience
Physical and Mental Requirements .
Equipment Used : Computer, telephone, fax machine, ten-key, photocopier, scanner
- Ability to drive a car
- Ability to work seated, using a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to perform basic and complex mathematical calculations
- Ability to read and understand complex regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to calmly handle stressful situations.
- Ability to read and learn written procedures and policies and the ability to apply those policies and procedures to situations and arrive at acceptable decisions.
- Ability to work with deadlines and time constraints
- Proficient PC skills
Working Conditions : Normal office environment for a majority of job functions. Frequent local travel.
This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an "at will" basis and may be terminated at any time. Landmark Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Landmark Bank - 2 years ago