Innovation, passion, and expertise fuel Intermec’s drive for success, and we are looking for talented people. If you thrive in growing and fast changing environments, then come join our team!
Intermec is looking for top talent to thrive in the role of Manager, Graphic Design at our World Headquarters in Everett, WA.
Intermec Technologies Corp. (NYSE: IN) has been recognized as best in class in Automated Identification and Data Capture (AIDC) equipment, including mobile computers, radio frequency identification (RFID) systems, wireless barcode scanners, wired and wireless barcode printers and label media products worldwide for over forty years. Companies and governments around the world rely on Intermec’s technologies and solutions to transform their inventory processes, drive competitive advantage, and meet complex asset management needs. As our global footprint expands, we have added cutting edge rugged mobile computing and printing and wireless capabilities to transcend the industry. In addition, our distinguished leadership team is renowned for growing an entrepreneurial culture that values our customers, collaborative teamwork and team excellence, which is unstoppable.
Intermec Core Values: Integrity; Innovation; Empowerment; Excellence; Collaboration
MANAGER, GRAPHIC DESIGN JOB SUMMARY:
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES & TASKS (list in order):
- Responsible for the management of teams that create 2-dimensional aesthetic deliverables used to promote and build the Intermec brand as well as producing these deliverables themselves as a “working manager”.
- Must demonstrate a passionate and highly creative approach to design excellence that is also grounded in the reality of profitable business operations.
- Must ensure that all deliverables meet internal customer requirements, including cost, schedule, accuracy, and standards.
- Note that this position participates within the Corporate Design Group whose departments include Industrial Design, User Experience Design, Technical Communications, and Graphic Design.
- Able to carry out daily work in compliance with Intermec’s Standards of Conduct.
QUALIFICATIONS: The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform this job successfully.
- Build the Intermec brand through the development, application, and management of consistent brand design standards and guidelines.
- Manage the timely development of custom designs and illustrations and/or the modification of agency-created concepts for projects such as print and electronic ad campaigns, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, product profile sheets, trade show materials, newsletters and more.
- Manage the accurate development of product related graphics, such as regulatory labeling graphics, keypad and overlay graphics, product packaging and branding, following Intermec’s Product Development Process (PDP) and release process.
- Manage the department’s annual budgets, expenses, individual contributor’s performance expectations, vacation, sick time, and hire/fire responsibilities commonly associated with managing a team or teams.
- Be a “working manager” resource for excellent graphic design deliverables, including all aspects of the front-end ideation phases, through to the completed production phases.
- Act as a graphic designer consultant for Intermec’s field and international employees to provide technical expertise with emphasis on providing knowledge of resources available and advise “best method” for completing projects. Recommend alternative approaches; provide guidance and expectations for completing jobs that cannot be accomplished in-house, along with the benefits/drawbacks of each.
- Must be able to write and communicate effectively to all levels within the company, including “C” and VP levels for strategy discussions, PowerPoint development work, and product launch campaigns.
- Collaborate highly with other groups within Intermec. Must be able to manage the “client” and their expectations for the projects.
- Coordinate custom printing and reproduction needs through internal and external resources including vendor interaction.
- Must be able to keep confidential materials truly confidential, even from family and unauthorized coworkers.
- Comfortable speaking and presenting occasionally in front of groups.
- Procure supplies/materials and maintain inventory levels for the graphics department that comply with effective asset management in order to save the company money
- Must follow all state, local, and federal laws and regulations, as well as embrace Intermec core values and initiatives.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of design management in a formal professional environment
- Minimum of 10 years of graphic design creation and production in a formal professional environment
- Experience with high tech or computing type businesses is preferred.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Must have an extensive portfolio.
Intermec is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Extensive Adobe experience. Creative Suite 4 or newer, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the performance management process of teams and individuals.
- Experience managing printing, including pre-press work and press checks.
- Any web, Flash, animation, video editing, photography skills are a plus
Intermec - 3 years ago