We are currently seeking a full time Practical Nursing Supervisor for our Rocky Hill campus. You must have at least 2- 3 years of experience as a Practical Nursing/Nursing Instructor.
Qualified candidates must work within the PCI and Practical Nursing Program Philosophy framework. The qualified candidate must demonstrate and teach patient care in classroom and clinical units to nursing students and instruct students in principles and application of physical, biological, and psychological subjects related to nursing. The Practical Nursing Program Instructor encourages each individual student’s moral, ethical, and social growth as well as the attainment of knowledge and critical thinking to be utilized in their future career paths in the profession of nursing.
Duties and Responsibilities :
As a Practical Nursing Instructor at Porter and Chester Institute, it is expected that the instructor will work in conjunction with their peers to fulfill the philosophy of the program and meet the guidelines set forth by the Accrediting Commissions of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Connecticut Board of Nursing by adhering to the following standards:
- To deliver enthusiastic, well-prepared lectures by always reviewing the relevant instruction materials in advance of his/her lecture.
- Create formatted lesson plans, Power Point guided lectures, supplemental handouts/worksheets, and quizzes to evaluate student learning
- Utilize the various available resources in creating lessons and evaluations
- Create an environment in which students feel supported. Get to know each of the students as an individual and to develop their confidences so that they will listen to and be influenced by the instructor with respect to conformance with the Institute’s regulations and in the solution of any personal problems that are jeopardizing their academic progress.
- Maintain an open door policy so students have the ability to discuss school/life balance issues that may be affecting their attendance and academic achievement and keep the Education Supervisor informed about these situations.
- To maintain neat, accurate records about student accomplishments, enter this data accurately in PCI recordkeeping system, and to process all other relevant paperwork with accuracy, clarity, and punctuality.
- Participate in the continued improvement of the curriculum content. Execute the tasks assigned by the Education Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate various fundamental nursing skills and enact patient scenarios utilizing simulation lab equipment.
- Determine each individual student’s competency in performing fundamental nursing skills prior to entering the clinical setting utilizing lab equipment.
Facilitate professional and appropriate interactions to promote continued collaboration between the educational and clinical settings
- Instruct students in the clinical setting in safely and competently caring for patients. Students are expected to utilize the nursing skills and theories learned in the classroom and lab setting, and apply those skills in nursing practice.
- The role of the instructor is to facilitate learning and application of nursing skills through observational experiences, demonstration, instruction and guidance.
- Current valid RN license in the State of Connecticut
- Minimum three (3) years of recent clinical experience
- Educational a Masters Degree is preferred (MSN)
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- 2-3 years of experience as an instructor
- Continuing education opportunities through attendance at education and nursing conferences and workshops to further enhance practice as a PN instructor
- Participate in specialty organization membership affiliations
- Maintain current licenses and certifications within the field of nursing
- Obtain MSN within four (4) years of hire
Porter and Chester Institute offers a High School "How to Choose a Career" talk.