The Project Manager is responsible for managing the store development process for all types of store projects including new stores, remodels, refresh and minor maintenance type projects. Provides project status updates, and makes frequent visits to project sites, including walk-throughs with Store Operations or Food Service clients, for new construction, brand/image changes and revitalizations, Directs/coordinates all survey, schedule, budget development, planning, A/E and construction functions while assuring projects are completed on time, with a high degree of quality and within budget. Incumbent has overall responsibility for managing multiple projects on time and on budget and is the liaison to the business representative/owner. The project Manager also is responsible for managing petroleum installs/upgrades and large scale maintenance activities. .
1. Develops and maintains reports on all projects. Updates the database frequently to ensure timely and accurate data when reports are pulled by senior management. Directly coordinates surveys of space, either directing the General Contractor or an outside consultant, to develop plans and assess current conditions.
2. Conducts weekly meetings with appropriate teams and / or business leads to review the status on all projects.
3. Makes recommendations to the appropriate individual on changes that save time and reduce the overall cost.
4. Develops and manages project construction budgets. Accountable for the accuracy and execution of the project's allocated funds. Prepares weekly reports on the financial status of the project to include all costs associated with the project.
5. Interfaces with local officials to ensure code interpretation and execution meets company and local codes.
6. Manages change orders and related costs. Approves and works with architects, contractors, construction material vendors, equipment vendors and internal teams and their related invoices.
7. Accountable for development and implementation of the project's phasing schedule. Directs contractors to assure timely completion of construction and turnover of completed areas.
8. Leads the bidding initiative and manages the overall project, either directly contracted firms or managing Landlord activity and schedules. Inspects and approves contractors completed work to assure quality of construction and adherence to the plan, contract documents and codes.
9. Ensures the project receives a C/O, and all inspections are performed in advance of store opening or project completion.
10. Position requires extensive travel and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
11. Coordinates bid packages, develops Statement of Work, holds pre-bid meetings and reviews bids. Visits site through the construction and fixturing / merchandising phase to ensure quality and timeliness of completion are met. Manages all changes to the project and obtains necessary additional funds and approvals prior to incorporating changes.
12. Implements process for major rollouts. Schedules and maintains dialog with all departments involved. Stays involved until project is complete and confirms that all components are operational. Communicates issues to responsible parties.
13. Schedules and performs initial walk-through with Store Ops/food Service prior to beginning work for remodels, Quick Service Restaurants (QSRs) and other related projects. Schedules additional walk-through if project spans more than 6 weeks. Also schedules and provides walk-throughs with representatives of food service brands (Subway, Dairy Queen, etc.)
14. Develops and coordinates delivery schedules of Company owned and purchased equipment to job site with field operations personnel and Corporate Support Center. Maintains project timelines, updates and communicates effectively and in timely manner.
15. Responds to emergency situations (fire, property damage, etc
16. Performs other job-related duties and projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum 5 years experience in retail construction / design - build / remodel projects. Petroleum / open store remodel experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of project management software (MS project, Timberline, etc).
- Ability to be innovative and creative in challenging situations.
- Highly organized with the ability to adapt to changing demands / priorities.
- Strong analytical skills in evaluating vendor invoices, change orders and associated supporting documentation.
- Ability to receive, comprehend and communicate information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
Bachelor of Science
BA/BS in Construction Management, Business Management or related discipline or equivalent combination of formal education and experience-based learning.
Physical Demands: Work requires frequent driving, sitting, standing, walking and use of keyboard/computer. Work requires frequent bending, reaching and lifting/moving up to 50 pounds. Work is subject to telephone and personal contact with support center employees, managers, outside maintenance vendors, and can be stressful. Work requires good manual dexterity and eye to hand coordination.
Working Conditions: Work includes regular travel throughout the assigned area and occasional trips outside the area and overnight stays. Work can include long hours; occasional week-ends, holidays, and trips outside the area.
The Pantry, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. It is the policy and practice of The Pantry, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other criteria deemed unlawful under any applicable laws and to provide reasonable accommodations as required by law.
The Pantry, Inc. - 3 years ago