Onswipe’s mission is to power the way the world
experiences the web on touch devices. We do this by
making it insanely easy for a publisher of any size to make
their existing content provide a beautiful app-like experience
in the browser. What Google did for search and Facebook
did for share, Onswipe is doing for experience.
A little background information about
- Onswipe is born and bred in New York City. We started out as a
part of the inaugural Techstars NYC class in 2011.
- We’ve raised over $6,000,000 from investors like Spark Capital,
SV Angel, Lerer Ventures, Betaworks, and more. They’re
early investors in companies like Google, Twitter, Foursquare,
Tumblr, and Admeld.
- We have one of the largest audiences on the tablet web, meaning
you get to work on.
- Our executive team has built large teams at companies like Aol,
Jumptap, Grooveshark, and more.
- We’ve been named Forbes 30 Under 30, INC 30 Under 30,
Businessweek Top 25 under 25, and Time Inc. Top 10
The Director of Business Development will join a strong existing
Publisher team that is responsible for closing, launching and
maintaining revenue producing partnerships with 100s of top and
mid-tier publishers. As Director of Business Development you
will be responsible for all phases of adding new publishers to the
Onswipe platform – from prospecting, to pitching, closing and
launching new publishers with support from the Publisher Relations
and Sales Engineering teams.
- Build and manage pipeline of mid-tier to top-tier publishers
across several content verticals.
- Pitch Onswipe’s value proposition to publishers via face-to-face
meetings, phone and email.
- Negotiate and close partnership agreements.
- Work closely with Sales Engineers and Publisher Relations team
to onboard publishers once deals are closed.
- Manage a high volume of deal flow with little oversight.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4-7 years of business development, publisher development or
related experience, preferably including time with an ad
network, publisher platform and/or rich media offering.
- Understanding of media math (CPM/CPC/CPA).
- Great communication skills - ability to write, speak and present
clearly and succinctly.
- Prefer candidate with deep contacts and experience in one or
more of the following publisher verticals: Men’s Lifestyle,
Women’s Lifestyle, News/Politics, Sports, Autos, Travel, Tech,
- Highly ambitious with strong drive to close deals.
- Experience in mobile helpful but not required.