This position is responsible for programs that install, repair and maintain the security systems on the University Campus and all other University properties that are used to protect the American University community. The Manager evaluates the current condition of physical security equipment through physical security surveys and develops life-cycle replacement programs to upgrade all physical security systems on a scheduled basis. The incumbent is responsible for the daily communications/dispatcher responsibilities and the integration of current and future communications technologies with our physical securities programs.
A Bachelor's degree is required.
- At least 7 years related experience or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the necessary skills and abilities required for the position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as public speaking skills
- Report editing skills and proficiency with computers and software packages are necessary
- Ability to interact with a diverse population
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to work various hours, including nights and weekends
The successful completion of a pre-employment background check is required.
American University - 2 years ago